Wilder's Creation - Updates and Announcements

Update on Wilder’s Creation’s progress.

The game is 95% complete overall. The levels have all been made (although some will be expanded) and enemies and obstacles have been programmed. I’ve just sent a build of the game appropriately titled The “New Year’s” Build to testers and the next two weeks leading up to the release of the game will be dedicated to polishing and adjusting the game.

The game will have a save feature and will save your progress after every level. So even though it’s a small game you can feel free to take a break from it and tackle some more of it later.

January 16th is coming fast so I hope you’re all as excited to play it as I am to show it.

3 Likes

Woah, you’re almost done?!

From the looks from the discussion, the demo was released in November. Pretty quick development speed, ngl.

It’s been over three months, and I’m still trying to get a demo out XD

1 Like

@rcreger Yeah I started the game October 16th and had a demo out early November. It’s really not a big game by any means. It’s a little platformer that I want to establish the beginning of a story with. My hope is that the game is recieved well enough to warrant a sequel which I can dive more into story and gameplay with.

Still though I think you’ll find the game to be well made and a fun time despite it’s length.

1 Like

Can’t wait to try it out! From what I’ve seen so far, it seems pretty good, and full of quality. Here’s to a smooth release!

1 Like

YAY im so excited to play the finished version move out the way Decap Attack introducing Wilders Creation (Project Spooky Game)!

1 Like

Oh and Bug somehow my Health Bar disappeared and I was immune Dr. Wilder made a Immortal Beast!

1 Like

@DarkfireAnimates do you know when this happened? Like when you died or went to the next level?

1 Like

I took some damage on the Hall 2 I think and there I would have died but then I glitched and then Boom invincibility

2 Likes

That’s because I never added the health bar to those levels. I should say you’re in a level that’s technically not apart of the demo. The demo only goes up to the first boss for the dungeon levels.

I did have some more stuff that I worked like the main hall levels but they weren’t supposed to be accessible :joy:

1 Like

Oh Lol then again I went to the edit to play those levels!

1 Like

Could you add a way to heal yourself with the ghosts?

2 Likes

That’s interesting. So maybe if you’re able to get a certain amount of ghosts you get to heal yourself? I might consider something like that…

2 Likes

Like 5 ghosts= +1 hp?

2 Likes

Or 20= full health bar

1 Like

Thanks for the idea!

1 Like

Good luck with it, hope it works!

1 Like

I plan on adding a jukebox of sorts to the game because I really love this soundtrack. Seriously I’m so proud of some of these songs, especially the final boss music.

The jukebox feature shouldn’t be too difficult to implement but it’s gonna be similar in mechanics to the main menu, which was surprisingly complicated to make, so no guarantees.

3 Likes

Well, gang, I can guarantee a jukebox! I have a jukebox feature about 95% done. I think I’m gonna make it a reward for completing the game.

3 Likes

Here’s a little look at the jukebox so far. Obviously, I have to work on the overall presentation but the specifics are all there and working!

2 Likes

Awesome thats so cool!

1 Like