Winter Flowjam 2021 - Flee (Any Bugs?)

My game has farming and digging now…

1 Like

Nice, I’ll have to try it out sometime.

I started working on my game and I’m starting to run out of ideas and I got the idea that what if you came across Subject: 009 from my other game The Facility. Subject: 009 is a humanoid entity that is composed of a mysterious dark matter except for the face which it houses a ceramic skull. Completely unkillable, but it known to be harmed. (Like in the game he is seen with a blown out ankle). I was wondering is he should make an appearance in the game when you are somewhere near the end of your journey. Which this could tie the games together as if this was some sort of sequel or maybe prequel to The Facility, but just a view on what one of the creatures sees. Although I’m not entirely sure if this would be a good idea so I’ll lead that to you guys to decide.

3 Likes

i feel like you should add that, it could give the player an unexpected fright, say if your near the ending, your RIGHT there, but then out of nowhere the creature breaks out the wall and kills you.

2 Likes

Nice work on the game! @ManiacPumpkin

3 Likes

Alright, since I’ve been a little easy on sharing my game I might as well point out that I did add some sort of jumpscare (mainly interaction or seeing subject 009 for the first time).
I think I got the numbers mixed up cause I think subject 009 is the table, but oh well. You know what I mean.
Anyway I don’t want to show pictures since its kind of a surprise so you can go find it and let me know if you get any spooks from it, lol.

4 Likes

I added some more gameplay to the game, but the checkpoints aren’t working out to well so be prepared to rage, lol.
For some reason the proximity isn’t working. I’ll try to get it working soon.

I’m raging at my own game cause my ipad fries when I reach the lasers, lol.

1 Like

So I added a huge update and the game is now beatable, but there arn’t credits yet, or much of an ending, but you can win. The thing is, is that I haven’t play tested it since its really late for me and I need sleep so I know there are a ton of bugs, but I will try my best to finish those tomorrow. The credits won’t be too hard to add in since I have an idea for scrolling credits using labels. Anyway if anyone is brave enough to try and beat the game then please do. Also if you come across any bugs then let me know so my game is nice and polished for the jam.
Also don’t mind the guard, he is kinda broken and I’m debating if I should try to finish him, or just remove him from the game.

If you need anything for your game let me know.
If you send me some gameplay clips and let me crop up some pixel art, I’ll make you a trailer!

1 Like

I feel like @ManiacPumpkin deserves all of these

1 Like

I’m sure lots more people deserve them than have them. I just hand them out when I see someone doing something that I think merits a little extra recognition. Since I don;t read every thread I’m sure I miss a lot.

:man_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

Lol i know I just found out about these things so I’m exploring it, and I do believe he deserves them. Just complementing him not discrediting you

1 Like

Also I know this is kinda exploiting u @grazer lol, but while you’re here can you let me know what you think of the wiki I made for flowlab, if you’ve ever heard of it? It’s on page 845 of the Off-topic channel.
Yes I’ll delete this since it’s off topic after u read it.

Hey I wouldn’t mind a trailer. But I’m not sure if your phone could handle it, lol. I don’t think I’ll make a trailer for it since its actually a very short game. I spent most of the time on the coding than i did actually gameplay, but overall I feel it was worth it.

1 Like

Also the game is pretty much done at this point except for the guard which I have no idea what to do with him. Other than that you can play the game from start to finish, with an ending.
Tbh the game wasn’t meant to be very long, it was just long enough to get the main idea and story of the game. Which I could easily add some serious lore behind, lol.

I plan on making a gameplay video of the entire game so you can see it since you can’t play it on your phone. So you can see what I’ve been working these past two weeks.

My phone handled processing a 2 hour minecraft speedrun

1 Like

You could have this game be an scp. That’s happened twice to my knowledge, where an AU is an scp. Scp-5000 is my favorite

1 Like

Okay, so with there only being around 4 1/2 hours left. I would like to ask if anyone wants to play test my game and return feedback including any bugs or small features they would like to add. I want the game to look its best tomorrow since its actually my first game I ever actually submitted to a flowjam. Which at first I thought I had a good chance until some of the tryhards starting showing up only a few days before flowjam ended. Which I know I’m not going to win, probably won’t even score top five like I wanted to, but at least I had fun doing it and collaborating with some of you guys and I would like to thank everyone who supported this project and/or helped with the game.

1 Like

I’d love to help but I’m absolutely terrible at games that require jumping and keep dying really early. The parts that I could get to looked cool though- no bugs as far as I could see.

1 Like