Wow. I just thought of a cool request (glow behaviour)

So basically what im requesting is a glow behaviour like for people making neon games or something

Heres an example of how it would work:

So I get an always or a once then i get a number set the number to how much the glow would be conect it to the glow behaviour then play test and it would glow!

so thats just a nice request for flowlab i think it would be cool : D

@gazer

7 Likes

You don’t need to @ him. grazer probably checks this category regularly anyway.

3 Likes

With proper shading and the color behavior I believe this is possible, although a behavior made specifically for glow could make it much easier.

7 Likes

You can make glow and lighting without a behavior…

If you want an example of me using glow with shaders:

1 Like

I think that all of these feature requests are unnecessary in my opinion. Flowlab is made so beginners can learn how to code, so if you don’t know how to do something you should experiment around and figure it out! If there is a behavior made for everything you’ll ever need then you won’t be learning anything.

5 Likes

But there are advanced users, looking for ways to make their games improve… feature requests are good for advanced or older users.

6 Likes

There’s some truth to both of these sentiments. Some things really are just way too hard to feasibley do with flowlab which is where feature requests should come in. Other things though, don’t really need to be asked for since it can already be done

6 Likes

I would argue this is more of a quality of life feature which allieviates a smaller nucance. So it could be cool, but I think time should be focused on other things since we can already achieve similar effects

6 Likes

Using UI it’s really easy to do this, but only if you’re in a dark setting.

4 Likes

I think that that there is a valid point but I use this platform to make games that I plan to put up on steam and a block for everything would stream line the prossesses that would take away from other parts of the game
@BitWit - exactalaly

5 Likes

Not sure if you need real lighting to do this, or maybe a way to use fake neon; but this sounds like something that could be added to the Shader.

6 Likes

it sounds like a good idea, but I’m pretty sure you can do this with simple code blocks

4 Likes

Simple in concept, hard in application.

2 Likes

i forgot about this topic

3 Likes