Yayy sprite stacking is actually pretty easy!

Just a spinning L, for the L in T+L :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Imagine copy and pasting my code lol

Nice job! I’m currently working on a race car

1 Like

Yeah I didn’t want to take an hour to figure it out for myself ¯ \ _(ツ) _ / ¯

2 Likes

Yeah, I just got to work on this:

3 Likes

Click anywhere to start, after you click sure nothing happens.

1 Like

@TinkerSmith thank you so much for tinkering! You’ve brought a lot of great mechanics into flowlab no one would’ve though of otherwise :grin:

4 Likes

Thanks Agent_Y for tinkering with it a lot and bringing it around to the community.

1 Like

Could you help with something?

Go into the editor of my game and find the “Car1Base”

Do you see anything extracting towards globals? I can’t find the code anywhere, it disappeared but it’s still running…

1 Like

Just wondering so I could edit it a bit, but it’s not in a single object anymore lol

1 Like

Nope. All I see is hello and a position block.

1 Like

I just thought of the most immature thing…
Shrek but 3-D stacked :joy:

1 Like

I need to try this out!

2 Likes

Yeah, weird.

The code is still running, I didn’t delete it but it disappeared.

No worries @hihilogic , just love tinkering, just too many running at the same time.

Along the lines of voxel and sprite stacking, I was thinking of trying to merge them.
So we can’t do real 3D Voxels … but we can do Pixels. So … I had the idea of using ‘Poxels’ … MUAHAHA

The scripting part I develop outside of Flowlab, as usual. Biggest handicap at the moment is that we can’t import lists and have to fill them up manually. That would make it quite cumbersome in FL. But if you are interested to see what it could look like, here you go:

Live Long And Tinker

P.S. Cursor Keys & Page Up/Down to rotate
Yes, can be done in FL if one uses Lists to store the model data. There I had the advantage that I could read the single pixel colors from the sprite map.

2 Likes

I’ve never heard of this program…

I’ll have to learn this “Microscript…”

1 Like

I still prefer Flowlab, it is such so straight forward with everything.
But if you want to practice scripting, it is really good for it. Especially if you want to play with other engines like Godot or Unreal, they can be overwhelming with the functionality they over.
That is a nice little engine that teaches you the basics of scripting so that you can wet your feet.
And since it is a simplified (very forgiving) script language everything you learn there can easily be applied anywhere else.

Like most of my Flowlab tinkers, you will find most of the initial script tests for them over there.

Other online ones would be Codepen, JSfiddle, there are many out there to practice scripting.

4 Likes