3 problems to "Blast Galaxy" (Fixed)

I am working on a Map expansion update for Flowlab Game Creator - Blast Galaxy. But I got some major problems.

(Fixed) 1: I got 2 cursors, 1 for in-game interactions, and the other to make it look nice for the UI, but when my player ship moves, one of the cursors drifts off until I move my cursor. I was thinking of having the cursor location always update even when the mouse not moving.

(Fixed) 2: I am making an experimental compass that tracks and points out the nearest enemy, so you can find it easier. But it always points the opposite way for the Y-axis.

(Fixed) 3: I am getting major lag. But I am predicting that will not be the case for powerful PCs. I still want the help though. I am making the game on a crapy Chromebook after all.

3 Likes

well, you can just have the mousemove outputs set two numbers, and have an always getting those numbers and using them in a position:

Mousemove (X(1)) (Y(2))
(1(Set)) Number (Out(3))
(2(Set)) Number (Out(4))
(3(X)) (4(Y))

Then, before sending the number through the PointAt, convert that number to a negative

Probably the cause of your lag :upside_down_face:

Maybe make the programming I can import into the game.

I fixed it by rotating the sprite 90 degrees to the right.

1 Like

Maybe follow the notation :upside_down_face:

→ Standard flowlab notation

Still not working. Glad to learn about programming notation though.

1 Like

Turn the object non-movable, non-solid, no collisions, basically disable all physics

Use in-view triggers for game world animations

I don’t think animations would cause lag. It would mostly be object count or complex behaviors

1 Like

Also, you should only need one cursor (at least one that’s visible)

1 Like

Again, one cursor is for in-game interactions, the other is to make it go over the UI.

1 Like

The same cursor could have its display order bumped up over the UI.

Actually, that gives me an idea…

2 Likes

Ok, so what’s causing lag is the proximities. It’s showing 30 ms on the proximities, which is a problem.

One of these things could be the environment block.
The proximity is HUGE and there are multiple of them.
Instead, make a global variable called Enemies. Once an enemy spawns, add 1 to that global. On death, subtract 1. In your environment block, replace all those proximities with the Enemies variable and a filter (keep it at the default), and on fail trigger the next wave.

1 Like

giphy

4 Likes

research the radar in Halo

1 Like

Don’t think researching the halo radar will help him with the coding problem…

2 Likes

Sounds like a great idea to me. I cthink making a radar like Halo’s in Flowlab and then changing it is a cool idea.

1 Like