3d racer (with raycasting!)

Ok if its like that now just use WASD no need for the arrow keys, also for a real challenge make it multiplayer

1 Like

Wha-

Don’t want to fill up this thread/cause drama, so this is gonna be my last reply on the subject. Wolfenstein is an effect where you shoot out ray casts in several directions, wherever they hit you draw a line, depending on the distance it travels you make that line shorter or taller. That is the general principle of Wolfenstein, no matter what program you use, if you are making a Wolfenstein-style game then it will follow those rules. (Both WASD and arrow keys are being used currently because it’s easier to test different angles)

1 Like

If you haven’t noticed I didn’t reply to you and i’m not talking about the ray cast test im talking about his racing game which doesn’t need the arrow keys, it only uses 4 keys which im saying directly to @DraftyScienceCoat75 to use A, and D to turn

1 Like

Heres the link if you need it Flowlab Game Creator - Racing 75 (in 3d!)

2 Likes

I was replying to the post that you deleted. Arrow Keys and WASD are being used because it’s easier to test different angles (A and D move you left and right, they don’t rotate the camera).

EDIT: I thought you were talking about the original test they had where they used both WASD and arrow keys

1 Like

It was deleted for a reason

1 Like

Also you need to add a lap counter, just add check points and if you hit them all while you pass the finish line then the check points reset and you add 1 to your lap score

1 Like
2 Likes

Stop spamming this has nothing to do with this topic, so ill flag your comment.

It has everything to do with this topic. It is an extremely fun mod for this game. Do not bash the memer man’s work.

By the way, @DraftyScienceCoat75 may you add mod support please? I really want to play the DooM mod.

3 Likes

what do you mean mod support?

1 Like

I tried 180 fov…

I think I’m gonna be sick

2 Likes

A feature to make mods for the game more easily accessible

1 Like

Why the heck does it have Epic Games and how the heck is he going to make mod support on flowlab.io?

1 Like

example of how it works

One of my friends is trying to make an fps shooter!

3 Likes

Update

• added a lap counter
  • added a timer
  • added a highscore for time

The timer isn’t entirely accurate right now so I won’t make it save until then
Also, should I complete a full single player game first or start on a mutiplayer verison first?
Take note a multiplayer version will probably take like twice as long for me to complete

• Complete single player mode
  • Work on multiplayer first

0 voters

1 Like

You should be able to remove the fish eye affect with some math.

4 Likes

Can you add car sound effects for driving and crashing if possible? I think that’s probably the last thing missing from this Flowlab milestone-reaching game, and it could also help with immersion.

3 Likes