A bug on object value

there is a bug on object value. i told it to go there but it doesn’t go there.

this does not explain your bug, you are probably using the behaviour wrong

3 Likes

When making a bug report, please properly explain it. What you’re saying sounds like a coding error.

2 Likes

That’s a real big report

3 Likes

send a link to your game and point to the problem so we can have a look at it!

1 Like

Here is what i meant
usually they have “Objects” and sometimes, when objects form, they get mixed up and in using some code blocks like “Extractor” would go to the oldest object instead. can you fix it please.
sorry for the late reply

they get mixed up and now use the same object as something else

still sounds like a coding error. Bug reports are for reports about the engine or behaviors, not user error, though the title is quite confusing for newer forum users.

If you can provide a link to the game and which object it’s happening in I can help track it down

ok, take this for an example
you start to create one object, or grass, and you see their name is object 50
then you create a different one, or human, and see their name is object 50
then you code the flying enemy by using extractor to fly towards a human but instead go to the grass lol

it should be named “Object 50” and “Object 50-2”

Again, please provide a link.

No 2 objects should have the same name or it will cause issues. Be sure that no objects have the same name, usually flowlab helps prevent this by adding “-#” at the end. When spawning, attaching and emitting, the name is added on.

If you are looking at the code in the editor, make sure you are looking at the object in the library and not in the game. If you look at the object in the game, you will only see the variables for that one specific object. If you look at the code of the object in the library, you will see all variables of the objects in the game.