A new story based game side project I'm working one [New art for the game]

So I’m making a new story based game as a side project. This game might even turn out to be my main project. The story line is based from a really detailed story I created dating around 7 years ago. It has made a lot of changes since then. There are a lot of characters and enemies I can’t wait to add to a game. I am planning to make the main game a 3D 3rd person game. But since I still have a long way to go I might as well make a 2D pixel art plat-former for it first. I hope you all support me and give me feedback of my project. I will tell you the story line as I make the game, I haven’t started the project yet so no story line details for you yet. but I may as well list some important character names to grab your attention. Also just to make this clear the main character Grim Reaper is actual name is just Grim a name given to him by himself. He is actually a human and becomes a skeleton or the Grim Reaper figure we all know when he reaches his final form, right before fighting Satan.

List of important characters:

• The Great Grim Reaper - main protagonist
  • Haevoc The Mechanical Being - antagonist, later becomes a ally of Grim
  • Hezikai The Burning Sun - antagonist, created Haevoc
  • Reynoc The Red Demon - antagonist, one of Satan’s strongest
  • Obein The Black Demon - antagonist, one of Satan’s strongest
  • Satan - main antagonist, the most powerful of them all

There are a lot more characters including a bunch more allies/party members of Grim and enemies of Grim but I just listed some more attention grabbing ones.

7 Likes

I wish you good luck to your journey, but don’t forget. Always to have fun!

3 Likes

The hardest part about this project is going to be the art, I don’t know if I should go for a cartoony style or more realistic style.

2 Likes

Nice reference. Haha.

4 Likes

I would prefer cartoony if you want to go simple. But if you want to boost your art skills, you can do realistic. I’m not really telling you to do it, but hope this helps.

2 Likes

Ok, I’ll probably do a more minimalistic style, not cartoony but not so much realistic either

1 Like

Maybe I should do a top-down game instead of a plat-former, this would allow me to add more mechanics and have a more adventurous experience. I could also add more stunning effects as well. Also the AI for bosses and enemies will be a lot easier.

1 Like

Not sure why you attempted to quote your own post within the same post but it only copied the text twice.

Anyway cool story though.

2 Likes

I was messing around with the different text designs and apparently when I deleted the quote it still save all of the text so it looked a little funky. Any way I fixed it now.

Hey guys, just wanted to show you some new art that I got done for my game, if you have any feedback’s or suggestions let me know. Unfortunately I can’t figure out how to take a screenshot on Windows 11 so here is the game link so you can see the art for yourself. This is not click bait or a way to get plays I really can’t find out how to take a screenshot. If anyone out there is running a Windows 11 and knows how to take screenshots please share your wisdom.

1 Like

Nice! Not that realistic, not that cartoony. I also like your skeleton, goblin, thief enemies! They are nicely done.

1 Like

Thank you Im glad you like it, the animations will probably be the hard part.

Sprites is not my strong suit. But code is my half-strong suit. My art sometimes get good by inspirations. I made a little UI thing from one of my books I have. But, you can do anything if you put your mind to it. (Totally not a phrase from one of the shows i watched before but I forgot it’s name.)

1 Like

With animations this is hat I usually reference (for walking that is) I also use stretch and squish to make the animations have alittle more “character” then again my characters are usually “cartoony”

Walking Animation for Beginners: Easy Steps to Animate a Walk Cycle

1 Like

Windows + PrintScreen

1 Like

Ive tried doing this but it doesnt do anything, atleast it doesn’t show that amything is happening.

1 Like

It automatically saves to the Screenshots folder on your computer. Everyone has one of these folders.

Maybe I should check that folder lol. Is there a way to get cropped screenshots like on mac

1 Like

No you have to do it yourself after the screenshot is taken

1 Like

Ok

1 Like