A portal in my game?

so im almost done with my DEMO game and i was thinking is it possible to put a portal in a level and it travel a player to a new spot if there is please put a example here

Flowlab Game Creator - Portal Example Like this?

Nevermind use this one if you liked the other. They might be the same but i know for sure this one works well because I watched everything get fixed. Flowlab Game Creator - Platformer Portal Test

that is what im talking about but without having a gun just a portal there

The checkpoint example is basically what you’re looking for.

no not like checkpoint but the portal takes you to a secret spot

@00T_Free summoning (you helped me with making the portals in The GAME 420 and I think those portals are what star4m is looking for)

1 Like

Hey, basically you want to get the positions of the new “secret area” and make the player go to them — you can use a collision, get numbers (x and y position) into the position behavior (grid mode just makes it easier by seeing the coordinates in the editor, but if you don’t you have to multiply it by 32 (every Flowlab grid is 32x32)). :slight_smile:
^ in the player code.

2 Likes

you now me by now this SMART stuff is killing me with this please atleast give me a screen shot

1 Like

What you want is LIKE a checkpoint, if you change the code in the checkpoint example to take you to another spot instead of saving your position, it would teleport you to that new position. The reason I compared it with a checkpoint is because a checkpoint will teleport you back to it, so I thought giving a similar concept just with different x and y positions would be easier to understand

1 Like

So just copy past code from portals in the example i posted. It doesn’t have to include the gun.

1 Like

You don’t learn that way <3

1 Like

You do if you spend a while studying the screenshot and learning how to build the code depicted right down to every last detail like I do

2 Likes

Honestly if you’re not making an attempt to try it yourself, I doubt you’re trying to learn through a screenshot of the code :I

2 Likes

I do try it myself though