A Randomly Generated World

better define random @Pixel-Master-Studios-Dev

Well what I want is the surface of the world to be naturally made meaning the top 3 blocks

hmmmmm idk ask @TinkerSmith

where … what … why … ?
link? :slight_smile:

LINK @TinkerSmith

Love the gfx @Pixel-Master-Studios-Dev

Now regarding the ‘top 3’ blocks.

As in, you want the surface height to vary +/- 3 blocks high?
Kinda like here: PRNG Terrain
( @glithctyrus is a master implementer of that one )

Or 3 different types (fire/slim/floor ?). Or both?

anyway gonna go edit a video brb

@TinkerSmith thats exectly what i need but how could i add boimes and make it render from farther away (and i dont wanna be to picky but is there anyway to make it grid snap)

At work right now @Pixel-Master-Studios-Dev , but I have a look later on.
Pixel snap is actually easier … HAHA

In the meantime, could you create a fake image of what you imagine? Would help a lot and spare me nagging you with questions :slight_smile:

Regarding biomes, so you don’t want it completely random, more like area of slime, area of fire, etc. I imagine? Changing in intervals.

Ah yeah, one more @Pixel-Master-Studios-Dev … what do you mean by render from farther away?
Smaller blocks than 32x32? … 16x16, 8x8? Then you would have to redraw everything else to that scale …

Well when i checked your example it rendered when i came close to it, BTW sorry for responding REALLY late, power went out

ahhhh, gotya. That was on purpose to show how it extends the terrain. Would normally happen outside the view area so that it looks continuous.

1 Like

One more detail please @Pixel-Master-Studios-Dev , how long are the levels supposed to be?

Well i have my camera set to a good 1000 blocks

Hey @thebrickccentric (sorry I have been busy) your most recent world generation project was amazing but I said it could be bigger, and you ask me how.

If you could get your map, but the size of it could be that of @TinkerSmith s Biome Map Generator: https://flowlab.io/game/play/1452537, than it would be perfect.

@TinkerSmith Biome Generator is actually perfect - all that is needed is for it too be randomised with a seed and make it massive. As in somewhere a game could take place in, so quite big.

Then if a test player was added to either games with a camera behavior to follow it we could see if the generator worked and if a base generation word is ready.

Sorry I have been soooooo busy guys. I have also been absent from the forums a long time. BUT I have been contributing in the flowjam discord and have made over 15 pages on *cough *cough the Other Flowlab wiki (The Fandom one)

https://flowlab.fandom.com/wiki/Flowlab_Wiki Do check it out! There can be Two Flowlab wikis, right?

I may have figured something out about chunk loading and chunk unloading

also is there a way to tell if something is off scree that would help a lot

Have a look at grazers ‘Endless’ example. Compare the item position to the player position and if it is a certain distance away Poof

thx I may be able to have things load in chunks that way @TinkerSmith

Great :slight_smile:
I was not able to do anything today, sorry @Pixel-Master-Studios-Dev
Auckland went back into lockdown and at the hospital where I work it got busy as a beehive