A Randomly Generated World

Does anybody know how UI object positioning works? Is it based on the camera x and y, or the player x and y, or the game x and y? If I spawn something in the UI layer, how is it positioned if the camera has moved?
This does have to do with map generation, by the way.

@thebrickccentric it’s camera based

hey @meburningslime can you give me a link to the page in the flowlab wikipedia

So if I spawn something into the UI, the spawn coordinates should be based on the top left of the camera being (0,0) and the bottom right being whatever my screen dimensions are?

https://flowlab.fandom.com/wiki/Random_Generation
Not done yet, had a busy day sorry :confused:
@thebrickccentric x32

X32 . . . are the UI coordinates block based then?

@thebrickccentric every block is made of 32 pixels, and every coordinate is calculated on pixels. So to get the edge, multiply by 32.

Ah, ok, so its the same as the normal coordinates, just based on camera coordinates. Thanks.

Np

Hello, could someone help me with my custom world generation, i need the top 3 surface blocks on my game randomly generated, how could i do this

better define random @Pixel-Master-Studios-Dev

Well what I want is the surface of the world to be naturally made meaning the top 3 blocks

hmmmmm idk ask @TinkerSmith

where … what … why … ?
link? :slight_smile:

LINK @TinkerSmith

Love the gfx @Pixel-Master-Studios-Dev

Now regarding the ‘top 3’ blocks.

As in, you want the surface height to vary +/- 3 blocks high?
Kinda like here: PRNG Terrain
( @glithctyrus is a master implementer of that one )

Or 3 different types (fire/slim/floor ?). Or both?

anyway gonna go edit a video brb

@TinkerSmith thats exectly what i need but how could i add boimes and make it render from farther away (and i dont wanna be to picky but is there anyway to make it grid snap)

At work right now @Pixel-Master-Studios-Dev , but I have a look later on.
Pixel snap is actually easier … HAHA

In the meantime, could you create a fake image of what you imagine? Would help a lot and spare me nagging you with questions :slight_smile:

Regarding biomes, so you don’t want it completely random, more like area of slime, area of fire, etc. I imagine? Changing in intervals.

Ah yeah, one more @Pixel-Master-Studios-Dev … what do you mean by render from farther away?
Smaller blocks than 32x32? … 16x16, 8x8? Then you would have to redraw everything else to that scale …