A Randomly Generated World

Well when i checked your example it rendered when i came close to it, BTW sorry for responding REALLY late, power went out

ahhhh, gotya. That was on purpose to show how it extends the terrain. Would normally happen outside the view area so that it looks continuous.

1 Like

One more detail please @Pixel-Master-Studios-Dev , how long are the levels supposed to be?

Well i have my camera set to a good 1000 blocks

Hey @thebrickccentric (sorry I have been busy) your most recent world generation project was amazing but I said it could be bigger, and you ask me how.

If you could get your map, but the size of it could be that of @TinkerSmith s Biome Map Generator: https://flowlab.io/game/play/1452537, than it would be perfect.

@TinkerSmith Biome Generator is actually perfect - all that is needed is for it too be randomised with a seed and make it massive. As in somewhere a game could take place in, so quite big.

Then if a test player was added to either games with a camera behavior to follow it we could see if the generator worked and if a base generation word is ready.

Sorry I have been soooooo busy guys. I have also been absent from the forums a long time. BUT I have been contributing in the flowjam discord and have made over 15 pages on *cough *cough the Other Flowlab wiki (The Fandom one)

https://flowlab.fandom.com/wiki/Flowlab_Wiki Do check it out! There can be Two Flowlab wikis, right?

I may have figured something out about chunk loading and chunk unloading

also is there a way to tell if something is off scree that would help a lot

Have a look at grazers ‘Endless’ example. Compare the item position to the player position and if it is a certain distance away Poof

thx I may be able to have things load in chunks that way @TinkerSmith

Great :slight_smile:
I was not able to do anything today, sorry @Pixel-Master-Studios-Dev
Auckland went back into lockdown and at the hospital where I work it got busy as a beehive

what happened here

I know that sometimes you may not know, but this discussion’s last post was three months ago, I just strongly recommend that you don’t bring back older discussions because that just pushes newer ones down the line and are more harder to find.

Hi Luigi_Luigi, Welcome to flowlab! What happened is all of the smarty-Pants creators are talking about random generation. Also, I agree with ManicPumpkin

To be honest, this isn’t a bad discussion for random world generation, so I can’t really blame you too harshly if thats what your looking for, I was just giving a warning because I know a lot of people dislike the fact that older discussions are taking over the new ones, not trying to be rude.

Also I don’t know much about random world generations, but I might as well learn since I have a minecraft-style game that could use it, lol.

(while were on the topic of random generation, I just made a random dongeon sorta thing (no enemies yet, but it could go somewhere) https://flowlab.io/game/view/1531636) But with it comes many bugs, such as this:

Jeez, this is an old discussion. I almost forgot about this. I’d love to go back to the concept of random world generation sometime soon.