A Randomly Generated World

@glithctyrus , what size are the rooms?
And are they in a line one after the other, or cornered?
And you only need the empty rooms?

@TinkerSmith emptyness shouldn’t be a problem, for it’s extremely easy to make every room spawn some stuff in it.

You don’t say.
I guess that’s obvious.

10 by 10 @TinkerSmith and the rooms only need to spawn a minnnumum of 1 enemy and a maximum of 5 enemies that will spawn in those rooms

So, I just finished this:
https://flowlab.io/game/play/1465473
It’s a fully functioning random map generator where you can have as many biomes as you want and its simple to manipulate.
I don’t know how well it would perform on a huge scale, but I must say I’m pretty sure it would work at least passably.

omg epic

@thebrickccentric not the most efficient way to do it, but I’m glad you are starting to build off of this idea. I f you want, I could make a better version.

meburningslime, any improvement to it would be awesome! Thanks both of you for the feedback .

@thebrickccentric Your Generated map is perfect, if it was on the same size level as the @TinkerSmith s Generator map

@thebrickccentric could you let me clone the game so I can improve on it? Or do you want me to make it myself.

The Kodex, glad to hear you like it; how big do you want the map (how many blocks by how many blocks)?
meburningslime, I don’t know how to clone a game; I have a free account, so am I allowed to clone?

@thebrickccentric … LOVE IT :slight_smile:

uhhhh, living little bacteria cells spreading over the map, genius.

Come on @meburningslime , even if you think it is not efficient give credit where it deserves it. In the end it is multiple times more efficient as any example you have provided so far, MUAHAHA. So looking forward to see the improved version.

That is the best combination of all the principles we discussed so far.
Appreciate the effort @thebrickccentric , actions always speak louder than words.
Have you tried to set the timers to zero, or does it play up then? Zero timer still gives a little delay.

Map Maker

:lol:

Aw, you’re melting my heart . . . that’s truly an honor. Thank you, TinkerSmith.
The map should work fine with 0 in the timers; just a moment, I’ll do that . . .

Alright, the timers are 0 and it works. Now what should be done with this? I know meburningslime may work on a better version, but in the meantime, I think maybe we could try it with overlapping animations for the tiles (like in my medieval game)? Just to add to the organic look and make each part unique?

@TinkerSmith if you saw, I did give credit. Plus I am waiting to make one, for if you didn’t notice, I had a flowjam.

@thebrickccentric I started to work on my rwg, and as soon as I checked what you were doing it seems that our approaches were near identical! I’ll make one just for show, but you have the right idea.

@thebrickccentric , sounds like a plan, definitly would make it look more interesting.

NANA NANA, NANA NANA … BRICK MAN :lol:

P.S. @thebrickccentric instead of the double ‘escape’ I always add something like this to my test levels:
restart
For sure with the key of your choice :slight_smile:

Thanks, that is a lot easier.