A Randomly Generated World

Actually @TinkerSmith, to help count all cell objects, I would instead make 1 object with a large proximity to count all of them similar to my enemy count example. This way you dont have 100 different proximities.

Enemy Count example:
https://flowlab.io/game/play/1315474

I would like to see a start input for the proximity, similar to the auto and manual start modes in the timer.

Hmm, I’m not exactly sure. I think it may be by sprite instead of hitbox, but I’ll test it later today.

@TinkerSmith, the raycasts hits the hitbox.
A made the animation the full size, but the actual objects are small.
Also, use that timer I showed above that are next to the done output.

b

bb

@“JR 01” and @TinkerSmith That is actually a good concept of generating a room, or house, or maze/dungeon which could also happen in certain areas as well.

Next time I am on flowlab I am going to try to do the whole “Generator Code” Idea that I posted above. Hopefully it will generate a map similar to this:preview
(Obviously a zoomed out version and bigger) using biome creators and generator codes.

But how will we save this? When we generate a map in Terraria, when we go back into the world it is not regenerated, so how would we save the map created? We’ll @TinkerSmith Gave me an idea about his seed idea but I’d there is a way to do it automatically that would be ideal. That way the player could return to their map if they leave and then comeback. Any way to do that?

And @Superstargames That example is perfect for a platformer! Maybe try adding "Customisations to it to make it more advanced!

@“The Kodex”, you mean like chairs or background walls? Or do you mean like a way to move the center of the generated structure? (similar to the behavior concept)

When doing this, You probably want it to be perceptual generated world.
As in to spawn and delete the world off screen if you want a HUGE world in flowlab.

Similar to this: (Go to 1:27)
https://youtu.be/rnIZ2HYCFmI?t=87

@“JR 01” Yeah, similar to this, but how exactly would I achieve that? Layers, something to do with specific generation, destruction, and loading it again or something else?

And @Superstargames I man add lakes and other blocks and items or enemies relating to what biome they are in e.g grass area has bat’s and dessert has scorpions. Like that.

@“The Kodex”
If you have a seed generator that spawns objects at that location, then the seed could be re-used to re-spawn the objects because it using the same seed.

@“The Kodex”, I have started working on what you described above. I have made a few modifications to my Random Level Generator.

First off, I made it so that the landscape generated would not look like jagged pillars, so the landscape is now a bit smoother.
I also created two biomes: twilight and snow. Currently, besides the looks of the grass, there are no differences between each biome. In the event that the twilight and snow biomes overlap, the twilight biome is most likely going to destroy the snow biome.
The structure now spawns between tiles 12 and 14. That way, the structure will be less likely to be “buried” underground.

Due to these changes, the level may become VERY laggy. Oh yeah, here is the example game again.

This is interesting. Also @Superstargames , you need to make the generator stop spawning objects after a while/leaves the screen.
If Y position is greater than A value -> Destroy.

I have made those generators destroy themselves after 5 seconds, but the Y position detection is a better alternative. Thanks @“PixelPizza”!

@Superstargames That actually really worked well, and was a great idea. Maybe make the biomes slightly bigger, but mostly well done that is super impressive! Also I love how you made it smoother! Now, what you could do is use the same code for the biomes bnut makes it water or a lake, and have the lake uses a motor as I think @PixelPizza said in my other forum and use it to spaceout the terrain a bit. Really good progress so far!

does anyone know how to make randomly generated floating islands?

Top or Side view @glithctyrus ?

What I am working on would be useful for top view, what @Superstargames does for side view

Anyway, THANK YOU @“JR 01” , that is so much better now. I officially pronounce you to my royal troubleshooter. You are always welcome to take the nightshift on my projects :slight_smile:

So to summarize:

• The smaller images helped to avoid the corner scan problem
  • The timer helped to get the right output, I think without it sometimes triggered before the count was updated :slight_smile:

I can’t use a proxy that counts all cells, because the algorithm requires that each cell knows the amount of cells surrounding it. That will then trigger a ‘live/die/reborn’ decision.
But yeah, as it is you could now make a Minesweeper clone quite easily.

Back to the drawing board, now ‘all’ I have to do is to implement that algorithm :slight_smile:

@“The Kodex” I am keen to see what you come up with, hurry up, lol.
This is a really nice brainstorm session thread.

|| GO TEAM GENERATOR ||

YEAH, it generates :slight_smile:

https://flowlab.io/game/play/1437955

Ok, the algorithm still needs fine-tuning, but at least the basic principle of iterating through a map works phew
4-5 iterations seem to give the best result. I also have to play around with the death/rebirth parameters, but that just requires patience … what I don’t have :expressionless:

@grazer ... parameter input on screen, pretty please 

Problem solved, what’s next, LOL

side view

details?

so i have a game idea for a platformer wher ther are a bunch of these mini sky islands its basically minecraft with guns and its 2d@tinkersmith

Sounds interesting :slight_smile: @glithctyrus

Pretty sure it can be done, just depends on what you imagine. Could you sketch up a mockup of sorts?

yeah…give me a few

I can draw good with pen and paper bbut online not so much…autodraw 6_6_2020
@tinkersmith