Ace Vanguard 2 (dev log)

Also added 17 new name options for bosses

4 Likes

Good idea yep

4 Likes

The Cursed Ship is finished. It did not take that long but it was a simple concept.
Now only 499,999,997 more bosses to go!
New Piskel(267)(1)-6.png-1.png(3)

5 Likes

Possible title screen song. It sounds good in parts but it is not finished:
Title Screen

5 Likes

Added “Boss Defeated” Object. This spawns after a boss is killed and I think it looks awesome.
New Piskel(38)

5 Likes

Very cool, how long did it take?

5 Likes

About an hour and a half. The hardest part was the skull.

6 Likes

Added indicator for the attack power up. There is now a bar telling how much time is left until the power up expires.
Removed bug from attack power up object.

4 Likes

I have completed (?) the sprite work for the next 3 bosses:

Boss 4: Blue Baron
New Piskel(306)(2)

Boss 5: Unnamed Boss
New Piskel(306)(1)

Boss 6: Ancient Martian
New Piskel(306)(3)

All these ideas show promise. I might make the cockpit on the Blue Baron larger, though.

5 Likes

Boss 5 could be called the Downsander because it sands down its opponents into sawdust. I thought of the name after seeing that the shade of green resembles the [LEGO] color sand green.

3 Likes

I like the idea, but the boss is intentionally unnamed because I want to utilize the rng name generator for at least some of them. Perhaps boss 7 could have a similar name…

3 Likes

This is the next planned update. I got a report from someone that they wanted this feature and it is a great idea.

3 Likes

I finished the pause menu today. It features ‘Controls’, ‘Audio’, ‘Difficulty’, and ‘Quit’ options.

Navigating the menu feels good and works, but some of the options (i.e. the difficulty and audio toggles and the ‘Y’ and ‘N’ buttons) will randomly not click. @grazer Is this a problem with the pause behavior or am I missing something?

4 Likes