Advanced Shadow Example

It’s not yet done, I’m still optimizing it and improving a lot of things, but here’s a demo of it

ezgif-2-e95682a070

5 Likes

Well done! It’s pretty accurate - probably a little too fuzzy though. Keep us updated!

5 Likes

Only about 12 rays are being used here, but they are being cast via a Repeater. This is quite taxing on the engine so I’m looking for a way to optimize it. (I cannot use an Always/Timer to cast the Ray because a repeater outputs more times than an Always/Timer each frame)

5 Likes

I tried to optimize it as much as possible
ezgif.com-gif-maker

Well, here’s the game. If used on a still object like the Heart there is almost no impact on performance (And with very minor adjustments all the expressions and messages could be turned off)

Also if grazer hopefully allows rays to output distance traveled it will make this WAY cleaner and much much much more optimized.

5 Likes

I’m thinking of creating my own Bundle Library so if you have any suggestions for things I can make say here :arrow_down:

4 Likes

So far, it seems to work pretty well. Only exception is that sometimes it can take a second or two for the shadow to change angle or disappear when too high up. Other than that though, it’s really cool. Keep up the great work!

4 Likes