Algiophobia’s First Update (Currently Closed)

I might change the title to something more related to the lore, but I might wait until I get a dev team.
I have a few names in mind.

You have indie now?!

1 Like

No, I’m waiting for meburningslime to make a dev team with me. He said he can’t cause of something important, but I’m patient.
Sorry, lol. If I had indie I’d make a lot bigger fuss about, lol.

1 Like

i can do it right now if you want. (the dev team)

1 Like

Well, @meburningslime already said he would and I feel it would be rude to turn him down now. Thanks for the offer though. I do plan on thinking up some lore in the meantime.

3 Likes

Hey @ManiacPumpkin, This game is really cool, and scary! :grimacing: I would like to know, how do you make that type of flashlight, that actulally is really cool

1 Like

It is really interesting

1 Like

Well, I just used a png of a flashlight camera effect and put it on a big object in game. Then I made it follow the mouse moves position so it always followed the mouse. You can look into the code and use the image for the flashlight if you want. I actually got it from mrmcmemerman, lol.

1 Like

Can you @ him?

1 Like

It’s probably best I don’t disturb him, but here is the image if you need it:

@Advxolbor

2 Likes

Alright so I started working on a platformer horror game. Some history is that i used to make nothing but platformer games, until I saw that you could make top-down. So I then kinda stuck with that. So I figured that I’d make a platformer horror game for a start. One thing about this game is that it was mainly inspired by @meburningslime’s Till we Have Faces game. Which in this game will be quite different, featuring only one main antagonist. It might end up being a granny style horror game in which you must escape the house. But there are burned, news papers and notes laying around the house that explains the “Incident” and this game will be heavily lore based. I’ll start working on the demo, which I kinda released the game a bit ago and you kinda played a bit of a teaser, but a real demo will be coming out soon.
Also special thanks to @DarkStar_Studios for making the art for the kitchen.

2 Likes

I liked the name When Day Falls but its ok if you wanna change the name (Saying i might be the only one who understands the name)

1 Like

I didn’t really want to change the name either, but the new title has a more symbolic meaning behind the game itself.

I never expected this to be live. I just found a random page

1 Like

Yeah I’m putting this game into production so stay tuned to this discussion for further information on the demo release, trailer, etc.
Also I don’t know if you noticed, but I tagged you on the flashlight object.

2 Likes

Ik

Does anyone have any good creature or monster designs. I’ve been hesitating on making it since I have been mainly working on the map most of the time. The creature I want is to be humanoid, pretty scary, searches the house or randomly walks around until the player is nearby and will chase for a short duration. Which I can’t explain much more since that would give away much of the story or lore.

1 Like

A humanoid creature made of shadows would be cool. I have no designs for this but I think it is pretty straight-forward.

1 Like

A amalgamation of arms faces flesh and fur with a giant lipless mouth, it would have 4 legs with only 2 toes to fit them. It’s gameplay gimmick would be it can teleport through tv screens and arcade machines

1 Like

Those are pretty interesting ideas, but I think I got something similar to what DarkStar_Studios said. Except this guy has a television head. So far I’m working on animations for him and it looks pretty cool, but a little chunky. I can’t really change that since its kinda the art style I’m going for.

1 Like