And the Flowjam 2022 Winner is .... ๐Ÿ†

Shattering Steel!

The game reviews have been tallied, and the Winner is Shattering Steel , by Recryptech. After two very close 2nd place games with Flowjam 2021โ€™s Growth of Winter and then again with the 2021 Summer Flowjam entry The Illusionist , Recryptech doubled down with the very fun, juicy, and highly polished Shattering Steel . Not only did this game earn a well-deserved top spot, it also as scored a rating of 4.01 - which is the highest rated Flowjam entry since we began collecting ratings.

read more on the Flowjam page:

15 Likes

Congrats. Definitely worth losing to! Great graphics an concept.

6 Likes

Congratulations @Recryptech! Great job on the game!

4 Likes

Congratulations, @Recryptech! Your entry was absolutely my favorite! You managed to create a simple customization system that was surprisingly fun to experiment with and had a well set atmosphere. This was a well-earned win :blush:

6 Likes

Cool, @Recryptech that game does deserve a win, welp guess its time to practice me flowlab skills

5 Likes

Congrats Recryptech! I really need to up my game if I want to win one of these someday.

3 Likes

Well done @Recryptech , one can tell how much work went into it.

CONGRATULATIONS

7 Likes

Way to go @Recryptech, that was a great game.

5 Likes

I just saw this, this is really great to hear! Iโ€™m so glad you all liked it, I put a lot of effort into Shattering Steel, so it means a lot that not only did you guys like it, but it also won! Iโ€™ve been racing for that first place finish for a while now, and have learned some great lessons and competed against countless great games and creators. I donโ€™t plan to stop anytime soon, but to finally achieve this is amazing. Major thanks to @Mhx_Air for the amazing work with the soundtrack and for his devoted effort to pump out something great. He was great to work with, and without him, I know for sure this game wouldnโ€™t be nearly as entertaining or unique. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart and I wish everyone well on their own game development journies as well! :heart:

13 Likes

Congratulation @Recryptech ! Much deserved!

7 Likes

Congrats to everyone on a job well done! Hereโ€™s to improving until the next competition :blush:

6 Likes

Maybe next time I can actually complete my game, lol

4 Likes

Damn, nice job on winning Le Flowjam bro :muscle::fire::clap:

2 Likes

Congratulation @Recryptech

3 Likes

Epic. Congratulations @Recryptech!

4 Likes

sorry Iโ€™m late to respond, but congrats @Recryptech ! it was a very well deserved win and my personal favourite from the jam.

it was great to see @TinkerSmith enter and place too!

and good job to everyone else! even the unfinished games had some really cool ideas.
one unfinished (I think?) idea I liked was iteration: COLONY
for some reason it reminds me of the Multiverse game on mathletics I used to play in elementary school, not sure why.

7 Likes

Respect for the other uploads? Hereโ€™s an upvote, mate: :arrow_up_small:

4 Likes

Guysโ€ฆ, I want to ask all, 1 year how many times flowjam is held ?

2 Likes

The Flowjam is held in the winter and in the summer each year.

4 Likes