Another Extreme Bug

To assign ids to the parts of my board game game, I name the objects a number (1, 2, 15), however, these keep not saving and reverting back to an object name. Basically, this ruins my entire game.

2 Likes

Try reloading the game, is this happening in the background layer, game layer, or UI?

I refreshed many times. It’s happening in the bgr layer, and it keeps getting worse, more reverting/

Why are you making your game in the background layer?

It’s the board of the game, not the players

2 Likes

He’s making the background in the background. Names can be used so some objects play specific animations/do specific things.

1 Like

But in that case why do you need so many behaviors? Grazer added behaviors to the background layer to make backgrounds more dynamic, not to make a major part of your game in it.

Well the bgr needs to highlight the places where you can move.

1 Like

You should just make it in the game layer, because it’s part of the game

Then it’d get in the way of the players and all of the stuff that should be in the game layer.

1 Like

typically I would also make things that require a bit of code in the game layer. You can set the display order to lower than the other objects, or you can have a different object spawn it in.

1 Like

Just change the display order

I think making it in the game layer would be easier, but I rarely ever use the background layer.

Although I do understand that having everything in one layer would be a pain. You try moving one thing and it accidentally grabs another and stuff can be jumbled. I know display orders help, but even then, there could be some objects with interesting hitboxes that tend to be annoying.

1 Like

We’re getting off-topic, the issue is not the display order or the layer, it’s that the objects keep reverting their names, but their names hold their id.

2 Likes