Another Mouse Click Not Working

Hey @grazer and everyone else, sorry to make another one of the “mouse clicks not working” threads but if you’ve experienced this you’ll know that this is a big problem.

I found the mouse click behavior block doesn’t trigger on one specific level, the level that is having this “bug” is labeled town. You’re supposed to be able to stand in front of the door on the building and tap to enter but it doesn’t trigger I also added mobile controls that don’t trigger when you tap them either, but on all the other levels the mouse triggers as it should. Please check it out tell me if you find anything, I’m not sure what there is to find but, yeah.

1 Like

So if you run the game from the behavior window, you can see that the clicks are working as expected, and the messages are getting sent to the store. The raycast logic is checking that you have to be precisely in front of the door, so maybe that’s the issue? You could check the player’s x position to see if he is between the two edges of the building, and that would make it more forgiving to the player.

3 Likes

@grazer The only thing about that is, I made it possible to press space as well, and that works fine, and when you delete the mouse click block and add a new one it works perfectly until you reload the page then you have to go through the process again.

1 Like

@AbstractGallery the mouse click behavior for point and click adventure style clicking is very particular in flowlab and it has taken me a while to get the hand of it. Keep in mind that the mouse will click everything that is stacked in the sprite layers, so if you have a door on top of a building on top of a background element and you click the door, you are also clicking the other two and not just the top (or even visible) sprite.

One thing I’ve done as a work around is to make a mouse click intermediary that spawns and quickly disappears where you click the mouse. Collision (or proximity to) that spawned “selector” will trigger the response you want. Not the mouse click itself.

You can see some example of that in TIME BOMB. https://flowlab.io/game/play/1454744

3 Likes

Awesome thanks @todorrobot, I’ll have to check it out tomorrow because I’m busy tonight but thanks a ton!

I’m having a problem with a mouse move linked with the point at behaviors. If you take your mouse off the “game screen” a few times it will go beserk. I just started using Flowlab, so there might be a problem in the behavior too. What do you think @grazer ? And also who are you? Did @grazer create this site?

2 Likes

Please don’t post on dead topics. Create your own topic, then people will help you.

2 Likes

Ok! Thanks for telling me.

1 Like

It’s perfectly fine to post on threads if you have something to contribute.
Also, @Flying_Fajita, welcome to the forums! We’re glad to have you.
Grazer is the creator of this site and releases cool updates often.

1 Like

Also, that’s as intended. If it’s not in the screen, then it’s technically nowhere in the game. This isn’t a bug, just something grazer hasn’t added in.

2 Likes

Yeah, but shouldn’t it return when it is back on the screen?

1 Like

Depends what kind of situation you’re using it in. Explain it further, then I might be able to help.

Hey, @hihilogic he is technically following the rules soo, @DarkStar_Studios is right it’s in the rules, you’re supposed to look for topics that have already been solved instead of making tons of new ones!

2 Likes

Ok coowool. :+1:

Depends on if your cursor is in the game layer or not. Is it in the game layer or UI layer?

1 Like

It is in the game layer.

I have no idea what it could be then. If you post a game link, I’ll take a look and see if I can find the problem.

MyGame

That is my game… XD I feel really stupid because I’m 10 and you’re probably 40 or something

Dude, we’re all, like, teens. No presh.

Ah, yes. The flowlab rotation system. This has absolutely nothing to do with the mouse being in-screen or not. It’s just a matter of the janky rotation system flowlab created.