Anyone have ideas for making a BOSS/BOSS battle?

a bullet hell game is
well
swarm is half bullet hell and a shooter

this image is so old but it works

4 Likes

i’ll get a newer image rn

1 Like

One of my favorite games are Bullet Hell:
(Just shapes and beats)

2 Likes

3 Likes

Thanks EVERYONE for the ideas!
Now you guys are starting to make me think.
Thank you lots!

3 Likes

Me and @Pixel_Name1 discussed some advice on creating a good boss battle. Perhaps they could be helpful for you.

1 Like

@MetaNinja , this gives me some valuable info! thx!

1 Like

No problem, and good luck with your boss battle!

1 Like

big mud guy who shoots mud and regenerates quickly but u need to attack his “Health Core” in his back but it will be hard cuz it would be looking at you alot sometimes and it has 200 HP, also has a move called smash, it jumps very high and smashes hte entire battleground and hurt you, but to dodge it you need to jump when it smashes

1 Like

Ah~ The classic.
The smash wind jump.

1 Like

A truly ICONIC bullet hell game series is Touhou. You can ask @spencertheball for more details, they’ve played more Touhou than me I think.

3 Likes

yeah, its a move from one of the bosses in kirby

3 Likes

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance has amazing bosses; you may get very good inspiration.

2 Likes

I HATH BEEN SUMMONED TO THE COURT OF ORDER

Touhou is a hugely popular bullet hell franchise in Japan infamous for its difficulty. I do mean HUGE, I’m talking 18 mainline games, 5-6 official spinoffs, multiple official manga series, light novels, and merchandise, as well as a near unlimited supply of high-quality fangames.

Okay, enough of that. Touhou as a bullet hell game is set apart from other bullet hells by using slower-moving bullets in tight patterns that encourage players to form strategies on the fly in order to weave through the storm of instant kill projectiles. This contrasts from the usual fast, reactionary attacks from other bullet hell games that are less predictable and such.

Attached is an example of Touhou bullet hell patterns

danmaku_alice

2 Likes

The other strategy: Do what Shrekinson just recommended.
MGR: Revengeance has excellent bosses.

All you need is a hot man with a sword, some heavy metal music (THERE WILL BE BLOODSHED), and a lot of one-liners.

2 Likes

Zamn! That looks extremely intimidating.

Agreed :100:.

1 Like

Your so into touhou…

3 Likes

That’s like saying water flows in a river. It’s so obvious lol

2 Likes

I played touhou on someones computer, I ACTUALLY SURVIVED FOR A FEW MINUTES.

2 Likes

Whoa! I survived for way longer but only because it was a different genre that wasn’t bullet hell (it was a sidescrolling spinoff called Touhou Luna Nights).

The bosses in that game are also very interesting from what I’ve seen.

2 Likes