Arching stuff and things

I want to make a character face the direction it is going when in the air and arching. Any help?

1 Like

what do you mean by

1 Like

mostly like how arrows, when going up, their tip is up, but when they go down the tip starts to face the ground.
just facing the direction they are going

1 Like

angle to velocity?? there’s gotta be a bundle for this iirc

1 Like

first of all, this has nothing to do with ‘arching’ you should’ve just said you want the object to face the angle it’s moving at.
is this what you want? https://flowlab.io/game/play/1691190

1 Like

It might work, just wondering if with gravity it’ll face that direction! thanks for the help i’ll try it out.

so new revelation! it doesn’t work sadly

just to clarify, I’m trying to figure out how to make a replica of an arrow arch using the rotation block.
any amount of help would be appreciated!

Bow Mechanics | Science Behind the Sport | West Virginia University

kinda like this @Galactian

1 Like

this doesn’t help me at all
you said you wanted something to rotate
would the arrow follow the mean of the angles in the parabola

2 Likes

yeah! so like an aerodynamic projectile would arch. the tip would always stay in the line while the body followed. (but I can’t use attach blocks because I want this to be one whole piece.)
Sorry if this is complicated!

1 Like

can you use some algebraic wording? do you want a trail on the object? a protectory before you throw it?

2 Likes

Ok, so what I want to have happen is when an object jumps into the air, the forward face of the object faces its trajectory. So when the object is going straight up it will face up but when the object is returning to the ground it will start to face down. And for sideways trajectories, the forward face of the object will follow that trajectory “line”.

This probably didn’t help at all so sorry about that but if it did help then, HOORAY!

1 Like

then use this

1 Like

well when I tried turning on the ‘affected by gravity’ option, it didn’t really do anything unless I did something wrong.
again sorry if this is frustrating you!

1 Like

is this what you want?

this gives objects gravity. any object with gravity follows a parabola. gravity does not make an object point in the direction you want

2 Likes

Thank you very much!

1 Like