August Silence - new updates coming soon!

Cool. Your game’s cool, I can just never beat it, lol.

1 Like

heads up if you haven’t figured this out already, you can reset you progress by pressing R in the menu.

1 Like

will I ever actually finish the game?

@discobot fortune

4 Likes

:crystal_ball: My sources say no

6 Likes

Bad discobot! Don’t be such a bully :frowning:

12 Likes

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

1 Like

Should you be a bully
@discobot fortune

2 Likes

You’ve disabled me in your preferences. You need to allow new user onboarding tips to interact with me.

I’m not sure if it’s noticeable, but the game is really inspired by Dead Space as well as Metroid and Hollow Knight. I never played Dead space but watched GMTK’s 3-part “design of dead space” series and got a lot of ideas. I’ve actually had Dead space 2 sitting on my shelf for a while, just never played it at all until today. I highly recommend it. it’s viscerally terrifying. (pun intended :wink: )

10 Likes

sorry it’s been so long since my last post. I took a little break from making games for a few weeks, but I’m now back to work on finishing august silence. (hopefully for real this time) I hope I can get it done soon and move on to new projects!

3 Likes

Welcome back!

1 Like

tenor (1)

3 Likes

progress update:

• doors are less weird, and more functioning as doors, instead of an obstacle to be fiddled with until it let’s you pass.
    (I had to re-do some code, not sure what was going on there.)

• the balancing animation works again! just had to change some stuff with priority.
    I nearly forgot it was in there!

also I’m having some trouble with making the tutorial. well, not exactly with making it, but sometimes it just… doesn’t work? like the tutorial text just doesn’t show up and I don’t know why.

6 Likes

progress update:

tutorial is done, I’m hoping to make it an optional toggle in case you don’t need it on a repeated playthrough or something like that.

3 Likes

I’m getting really, really close to finishing the game. hopefully I don’t terribly break anything while finishing it up!

also sorry for barely making any progress recently, I keep procrastinating on fixing stuff.

5 Likes

progress update 7:

• tutorial can be turned off/on

• there is an official “reset progress” button

• you can now press R during the game to quit to the main menu

• ending cutscene has been polished up

• also added some beeping and booping noises in the menu

7 Likes

I thought I had more to do but I think the game is actually done now :smiley:

link in case you don’t want to scroll all the way up

it won’t let me edit the post title anymore lol

also an unused music track
https://www.beepbox.co/#8n41s0k0l00e0dt2nm3a7g0fj07i0r1o32120T5v1L4u05q1d5f6y1z8C0c0h8H_SJ5SJFAAAkAAAT1v2L4u64q1d5f6y0z6C1c0A1F2B5V6Q20a0Pe64bE0171T1v0L4u34q1d5f7y1z7C0c0AcFhB3V6Q01a5P9939E0000T5v5L4u05q1d5f6y1z8C0c0h8H_SJ5SJFAAAkAAAT3v2L4uf7q1d5f7y3z6C1SZIztrsrzrqiiiiib4xci4Qlw000h4h4yd50000004zg00g00000000000000000y000M00p22LFJviKGBtttsJHHHwWrF_E7iCU_Ndv_juz_kT7UqrnLORdHWN6CnwNswzO35yTyQ2Q2Q2Q2Q2Q2Q2Q2Q2Q2Q2Q2Q2Q2QkTjV9pFjsvSCLQqrQv3Dxqrw-iCZ7-Me1MgjNtdHWM1jasbgbgbgbgbgbgbgbgbgbgbgbgbgbgbgbpLhO000

7 Likes

Ayyy, this game is so unique on this site:D

3 Likes

hmm… I’m not a regular anymore. I can’t edit the post name.

if somebody else could edit it to say August Silence - it’s done!
that would be really great. @rcreger would you be able to?

also I bought Dead Space 1 for a buck at my local thrift store yesterday

4 Likes

I shall do this for you :upside_down_face:

2 Likes