August Silence - new updates coming soon!

hot tub

1 Like

finished a soundtrack video :smiley:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TR2YM0uR_EA&t=8s

3 Likes

After listing to this on loop for 3 hours I can confirm that this is a great soundtrack.

1 Like

added a wall jump ability, thinking of calling the powerup ā€œclimbing glovesā€

what should they look like?

(itā€™s just a default sprite r n)

3 Likes

For some reason the first thing I thought of was the power fist from Fallout 4;

Maybe give it hydraulics and have big metal grippers that dig into the wall?

2 Likes

ooh! that would be cool!

2 Likes

itch.io page is up now

3 Likes

the game can be fully played and completed now, but there isnā€™t an ending yet. just a ā€œthe endā€ screen. thereā€™s a few placeholder sprites and some glitches ( as well as many things i would like to add that are extra) but i thought it might be good to get feedback as soon as possible.

what do you think?

• post game now
  • add ending/ sprites etc. first
  • finish everything first

0 voters

2 Likes

Hey @F3Art - Maybe I can help with the video for example creating a better one in final cut pro x.

:smiley:

ā€œA rushed game is bad forever, but a delayed game is eventually good.ā€ - Shigeru Miyamoto

4 Likes

A game is only as good as the time you put in it, @F3Art. Trust me when I say, take your time. Add every worthwhile feature you can think up, and then add some more.

I believe a certain William Langland once said, ā€œPatience is a virtue.ā€

It is also a tool, use it as much as you can.

2 Likes

@Greggo @Caden9 those are some good quotes

2 Likes

Iā€™m able to beat the game in around 6 minutes, so Iā€™m guessing most people might take around 10 minutes on a first time through. I found it to be way too easy, so i think the difficulty is something i will work on. maybe more platforming obstacles, enemy attacks, etc.

1 Like

progress update:

• all the art needed so far has been finished, no more placeholder sprites for now.

• added a fade to black on room edges to save performance without having an abrupt end to the other side of the wall. (I think this looks better anyways)

• Iā€™ve only had myself and one other person play the game, but the average so far for completion time is 17 minutes.

• Iā€™m thinking about rearranging the map a bit. it would take a little while but it might make more sense as a result.

• Iā€™m exporting a build right now to see how it works outside of flowlab and maybe for another trailer.

4 Likes

New map layout idea

Itā€™s a lot simpler and just a lot easier to understand. Also I think it will work better for the way the game progresses

6 Likes

Progress update:

• The map has been rearranged

• Ending cutscene has been started

• new rooms, music, and backgrounds have been added

4 Likes

Progress update:

• saferooms now act as checkpoints

• a boss fight has been added

• adaptive music in one room to signify your progress

To-do:

• finish ending cutscene