Ball Bounce Simulator - Update & Dev Team Discussion

I mean that’s what WikiHow told me to do.

1 Like

Anyway, I decided to mix the pipe in with the store outline so I got an extra object and I just got a pretty cool idea while i was redesigning the pipe. What if there was a gumball machine type feature, which would act similar to the achievements, meaning there will be a button that accesses a bigger sprite which shows a large gumball machine. You dispense a certain amount of money and you can get a custom ball like maybe the atom ball or final ball. I might even add the saw blade in there since people are probably having heart attacks when they break 1k bricks without knowing it, lol. Idk just a thought.

1 Like

I actually really like that idea, although it might take up too many objects it could defiantly work.

1 Like

I can only see it maybe taking up two or three. Maybe two if I do it just right. Which technically if I did two then i would have 8 objects left which is great for adding maybe a few new balls, upgrades, boss brick (when we get an idea) and probably have a few extra left over for maybe future updates. And the ball generator for it can let you get maybe pre-existing balls such as the basic, speed, lightning etc, and maybe throw in a few extras like poison, atom, maybe even the final ball which would be very rare.

1 Like

Well actually it would be possible to create the system with 0 objects.
you can reuse the achievements button so when the player presses it will show the achievements and if they click it again it’ll show the ball machine. then just have a different animation of the pop up for the gumball machine.

The part that might take up more objects is how we’ll show what comes out of the ball machine, would we need to create multiple sprites for each ball that can come out of the ball machine? or is it going to be text?

1 Like

It’ll probably just be text, but I do like the idea of reusing the already made achievements background so I’ll probably do that. I might have to make a new button for the gumball machine, but it will say how much it costs and when you are able to buy it, it will send a message to the backdrop and display a huge gumball machine opening up a plastic ball revealing text saying you won a certain ball for something. And doing it this way would only cost one extra object so that would leave 9 left.

1 Like

okay, time to go back to intelligently position my digital movement controller to will into existence a digital image.

1 Like

btw, what shape should it be? since you said “a plastic ball” I though of a gotcha machine but you also said gum ball machine so should it be round or cubed? Or star shaped?

Should the balls inside be colorful or a transparent colored plastic?

1 Like

Hmm…
I’m probably gonna stick with round, and colorful solid plastic. Unless I could use the one plastic balls where half of it is transparent and the other half is a solid color. Like the quarter prize machines.

1 Like

What do you think? Anything I should change?

3 Likes

Hey I’m back, sorry.
That’s the link to the download, you then have to download the song and upload it to flowlab.

1 Like

I have it downloaded as an mp3 file, how would I upload it exactly?

@glowbug

1 Like

Well it turns out that free users don’t get to upload music.

… ok. I’ll upload it to a block then send you the block code lol

1 Like

{“data”:{“behavior”:{“v”:“2”,“nodes”:[{“inputCount”:3,“outputCount”:3,“name”:“SoundEffect”,“behaviorType”:“logic.components.SoundEffect”,“x”:-90,“y”:-32,“group”:"",“id”:“8edb7c327760dd4c”,“notes”:null,“n_o”:null,“sound”:null,“loop”:false,“volume”:100,“url”:null,“soundName”:“454049u/The-Bounce.mp3”,“soundURL”:“454049u/The-Bounce.mp3”}],“links”:[]}}}

1 Like

That looks really good. I might have to update the button cause I used a square looking model, but I think updating mine should be easier.
Also is that the full screen that the achievements uses?
I didn’t want to say this, but do you think you could maybe make the gumball machine a little smaller and leave about a block or two space on the bottom so when someone purchases something I can add an animation of a plastic ball opening and some text saying what you got.

2 Likes

Also I’m going to add a colored circle on all of the existing balls kinda saying their rarity. Like White being common. Green being uncommon. Blue being Rare, Purple being Epic and of course yellow being legendary. But you currently can’t buy any legendary balls since they are like the saw blade and final ball.

1 Like

I gtg for a while but that music should work! Adios.

2 Likes

It’s fine, I can totally change it.
I got it to about a 10x8 now, is that okay?

1 Like