Beard Your Own Adventure: 10K and 99.99% Hitler Free!

Wow! I can’t believe BYOA has hit 10k plays on Flowlab already.

I want to give the sincerest of thanks to everyone who has played or shared or commented or liked (or hated) my game since it was posted to the homepage in February. I know 10,000 plays is not a huge milestone on Flowlab, but I’m stoked to know people are still playing.

I’ve had some updates and clean-up in mind in and this seemed like a good chance to get it done. The biggest change being Beard Your Own Adventure now has 100% fewer Hitler references :D. I’m hoping to upload this to Google Play or the Apple App store soon and wanted to minimize the chance of offending someone.

I cleaned up some other bugs and hopefully fixed the opening music glitch that prevented it from playing on game open from Itch.io. If you’ve played through before, please play through again and let me know if you find any inconsistencies or bugs or errors. If you’ve never played, give it a go and let me know what you think.

If anyone can help walk me through the uploading process to the game stores it would be greatly appreciated.

9 Likes

BEARD YOUR OWN ADVENTURE on ITCH.io

And come say Hello on itch if you’re around! Thanks again!

5 Likes

Game about facial hair is good, also :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

cough cough cough

3 Likes

do u have a cold or clearing ur throat?

3 Likes

Or maybe choking on a hair?

5 Likes

It’s that thing where you fake cough/clear your throat ironically to emphasize something, in this case I’m talking about the time I called you out on putting H!tler in your game. If you shave off the left and right of the mustache on a certain level, you get a game over as it shows a picture of H!tler in front of his army. But this only happens the first time you get that mustache, if you try to do it again after you’ve already gotten it it just shows Chaplin.
I know this because I reset my Flowlab browser cache to prove it
It’s been removed though, thankfully…

5 Likes

It is a fun game! And so many combinations! Keep up the good work!!!

1 Like

WAIT!!! STOP RIGHT THERE, CRIMINAL! YOU HAVE A SPRITE NAMED “TOOTHBRUSH”, AND IT LOOKS LIKE THIS:

We are not free of H17L3R yet…

2 Likes

You even kept the original level!!! HMMMMMMM…

2 Likes

Hehehe i had to try, you got me (btw i don’t like hitler he’s a bum)

4 Likes

No legitamate look in the code. It’s there.

3 Likes

Ok, Its all good mate i believe you. (I’m sorry if that came across as rude)

2 Likes

I played this game using my own current COVID facial hair as a template.

Apparently I’m a wizard.

4 Likes

ok. ok. 99.99% hitler free. I just redirected the original one-off to point directly to Chaplin. The code and sprites still exist, but that’s only accessible if you’re in Flowlab digging around. I’m planning to do another code sweep and clean things up while I prep it for Mobile.

3 Likes

NOICE!!! Can’t wait to see it in app stores.

2 Likes

Ooh, lovin’ the new profile picture! Definitely better than just the plain T.

(I also love this game, and am looking forward to seeing it in the app store)

2 Likes

There was suddenly a new plain orange T on the forums, so I had to finally buckle down and change my pic :smiley: Thanks for the motivation @TGW

4 Likes

Screenshot 2021-05-05 12.35.32 PM
Free Play was a mistake

1 Like

Screenshot 2021-05-05 12.42.27 PM
Free Play was a big mistake

3 Likes