Bits in Review - A Return?

@meburningslime how do i do that?

Make zombies spawn in waves using timers, and make them spawn randomly around the map using both randomizers and positions.

Ya still doing this @BitWit ?

you might want to wait a while for mine @BitWit I somehow messed up the ammo function on my game and my guy won’t even shoot!

@seamothmaster45 check out The Final Quest plez

@XXD3G I understand, but you asked for a review of your game. I’m sure your Morph Trials will be amazing, but I can only grade what you give me now! If you would like a regrade I would be happy to give it to you later on :slight_smile:

@seamothmaster45 Okay, good luck with sorting that out then! I will grade The Decimation of Mankind when you ask me to again!

@BitWit will you join the Dev Group? I will invite you.

Review of Bo Adventures
Created by @nrypsjc

Grading: Game play: 2.5 Game feel: 2 Art: 1 Sound: 4 Originality: 4 Story: 2

Average: 2.6/10

Notes Making a game is hard! I really appreciate the effort it took to put this together, but it feels sloppily done and like little time was put into crafting an enjoyable experience. This being said onto why I graded each grade as I did. Game play: Generic and poorly done platforming mechanics. At least the game is playable, but that does nothing for the gameplay or lack of interesting game design present. Game feel: On top of unitresting design, the game feels dull and pointless with little in the ways of creating atmosphere, surprise, or even overall enjoyability. Art: This game's art includes rushed pixel art and generic Flowlab assets crammed together in a disorientating and unappealing mess. Had the style been consistent with all hand made assets or all Flowlab assets a large part of this issue could have been avoided. A hole created from the lack of any sort of animations in the game does not help the case, and in certain situations i.e. the unanimated, unmoving rain, are disastrous for the quality of the art. Sound: It didn't blast my ears out and wasn't too quiet. Bravo on not making something in either of those extremes. Besides that the sounds are unitresting and borrowed from the Flowlab creator. Originality: It's a platformer. Nuff' said. At least I get to play as a dog. Story: I am very confused as to any sort of motivation or coherence as to what on earth is happening in this game. Have the dogs made their own civilization or did they overthrow humans and why is everything the same? Why aliens; what do they want? Is this a dog and is it a runt? It looks and acts more like a cat? Dogs don't have hairballs like that!
Good luck on future endeavors and thank you for the submission!

@BitWit please review SCP:World’s End, including the secret, and please understand that I literally just made it 7 days ago.

And I know this is extremely difficult, but could you not go into the editor?
1: if you do the game breaks if you try to play it again, It’s a bug that grazer is fixing.
2: DON’T CHEAT THE SECRETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTt

Review of A Tale of Light and Darkness
Created by @The Kodex

Grading: Game play: 7.5 Game feel: 8 Art: 7 Sound: 6 Originality: 10 Story: 9

Average: 7.9 /10

Notes This is an amazing game and the quality of A Tale of Light and Darkness is super impressive! The fact that this was made in two weeks is almost undetectable and the quality at which this game was created in such a time somehow surpasses most Flowlab games in general. This being said onto why I graded each grade as I did. Game play: Fun platforming and combat. Besides the facts that the first enemies don't move at all and the gun is very weak there is not much to complain about. Game feel: The game feels surprisingly good! The only thing is that after certain sections the game would pause and not continue, which I had to change the level manually to counteract. Besides that it is surprisingly solid for a jam game! Art: Although not all of the sprites are perfect and some animations are lacking, the game overall is somber and very pretty. Your usage of backgrounds and generally well designed enemies surely make up for small breaks such as that. Sound: The music is absolutely stand up! I really love your compositions! The only thing holding back this category is a lack of sound effects. Originality: Wow! I can't believe you made everything yourself! That is a very impressive feat and great job! Story: What a cool idea for the story and it adheres very well to the flowjam theme! I really want to see the end, the cliffhanger is unbearable!

Review of Porky’s Nightmare
Created by @Superstargames

Grading: Game play: 6 Game feel: 5 Art: 6 Sound: 8 Originality: 2

Average: 5.4 /10

Notes I never really played FNAF myself, but this seems like a cool recreation of it's gameplay for flowlab! This being said onto why I graded each grade as I did. Game play: The gameplay is definetly almost there. There is no end to the game and the nights go on for more than 10 minutes! I feel like more telegraphing and clarity about what does what without having to read an entire essay about it would also be very beneficial to the game play. Game feel: The game feels fairly average to play and is not neccarily surprising, but also not destructive for the game overall either. Art: The art is servicable and the game maintains it's creepy feel. Although I will say that none of the animatronics themselves were actually that scary or unsettling in game. I did like the small details such as the changing poster though! Sound: The sound created a great atmosphere and I feel like it did good for the game. Originality: This game is very cool, especially for Flowlab, but it is unfortunately pretty much just like FNAF 1 so major points have been knocked off for that.

@BitWit Thank you! That game was very rushed and after the flowjam I taught myself how to do many things missing from the game, and though only 4 months ago I feel I have become almost double the skill level I was then a flowlab. Really glad you liked it, and hopefuly you will find the sequel… So much better. My new game the Retroscape is my main priority, so don’t expext the sequel too soon but it will come.

@“The Kodex” please help!!!
browngr just tried to grief my game

@“BitWit”, thanks for your input.

@BitWit plez review SCP:World’s end?

@BitWit ???

okay @BitWit I am ready! Like I said earlier the game is very very VERY early in development, but I really need the ideas and what I can do better to make this the best game possible!

@BitWit this game is really REALLY early in development, but I need the feedback to make it a better game please be very harsh and even mean if you need to. it really inspires me to make it as good as possible. I know the review will be very short because of how little there is to do in the game, but I still need the help game

hello?

@meburningslime he’s obviously busy at the moment (probably online classes, they’re awful and can take up more time than normal school sometimes). I’d say just wait for him to get back to you, people get busy with things other than Flowlab.