Bits in Review - A Return?

@rcreger well the problem is I signed up as around the 5th review yet I’ve been skipped I think…

@“meburningslime”, if you are talking about SCP, it might be because you never left the link in this discussion, so he won’t be able to find it.

@Superstargames look way back, I did leave a link.

Found it.

It’s not me it’s him see? Maybe he’s just busy. I’ll give benefit of doubt.

Wow @rcreger! It’s like you were spying on me! I have been very busy today preparing for AP tests and taking classes.
@meburningslime Yes your review for SCP: World’s End is next don’t worry! The reason I haven’t reviewed it yet is because the first time you sent me the link you asked me to look it over, but not for review. Therefore I have been working on the other reviews which technically came in before yours which was yesterday. So yes, that will be done don’t worry! Please refer back to my original post though; I made an edit saying I’m usually not on until past 10:00. Let me qualify this as I believe that is not specific. That is 10:00PM Central time (11 Eastern) so just calculate that time from where you live. Thank you for your patience and benefit of the doubt, your game review will be done shortly.

Current Review list:
Next:
1.) SCP: World’s End
Following in the order they come:
2.) The Decimation of Mankind
3.) Free Slots (Please tell me if anyone who has asked is missing)

Ok thanks!

Btw are you australian or british

Nope! I’m just a humble United Statesian with a wacky schedule.

@BitWit
Wow well at least I know @“The Kodex” isn’t as bad as that…
I’m a not so humble American

It’s always a trait that can be learned if you want it enough :slight_smile:

Review of SCP: World’s End
Created by @meburningslime

Grading: Game play: 4 Game feel: 7 Art: 6 Sound: 8 Originality: 6 Story: 8

Average: 6.5/10

Notes SCP: World's End is a game with a creepiness factor and mystery. I am not very entrenched into SCP lore, but I can tell it is a faithful recreation of many aspects of the Secure Protect and Contain foundation. I believe there is also a computer game built off of the same universe? This being said onto why I graded each grade as I did. Game play: The gameplay looks like it is going places! The only issue is that it hasn't gotten there yet. The game is still unfinished, so many things do not feel very smooth or cohesive to the overall experience. Some major nitpicks besides the obvious lack of content (which I could be missing because I did not play it online) are that upgrading your keycard and gun are as simple as pressing a button on your keyboard and that upgrading your gun too much makes it turn into an overpowered and completely unfair weapon known as the invisible gun which does an astounding zero points of damage and has the stat bonus of blocking you from using all your other guns! Also interacting with the SCPs is entirely bad right now. The game includes the famous bad SCPs like classic cement monster who goes snappy snappy, but what about helpful SCPs? Those would really incentivize messing around with other SCPs to try and survive. Minor things that would be useful changes is an easier use of keycards where you don't have to stand a specific distance away from the door for them to open because standing right next to it doesn't work, and that it is more obvious when you die. Also is there a point to the flashlight yet? I kept it on the entire time but am not familiar enough with SCP to know if or when to turn it off. Game feel: The game feel of this game is good and the game is fairly polished right now! I haven't run into any bugs and it runs buttery smooth even for the piece of junk I'm using! More obvious sound effects, animations, and game juice is all that is needed to bump the game feel up. Art: The art is unique enough and is almost there. Things that bring it down are that SCP's are hard to tell apart besides coloring, the background should probably be black instead of tan, the wall corners don't line up, and the foundation feels too bright and pristine for a horror game especially after the ominous beginning. Sound: The random security guard barks and the sound design overall is fantastic! Just make everything a little quieter and probably make the guards on the radio speak up a little less as it feels a little too frequent. Originality: I like the idea of the game! Like I said earlier I think there is a similar 3D computer game based in the SCP foundation, but I believe that this game has enough differences to warrant not being considered a 2D copy. Story: The story line of World's End is mysterious and hidden away, but that adds to the overall atmosphere of the game. While for a traditional story I would've appreciated more concrete characters, villains, or things like that, I believe that the story of this works well for the creepier feel to the game. The ending is a good explanation for the things going on and leaves room for more to be added later.
Good luck on future endeavors and thank you for the submission!

http://scpcbgame.com/
https://www.theclassifiedx.com/
https://store.steampowered.com/app/700330/SCP_Secret_Laboratory/
Which one…
lol
So, the flashlight is going to disable being able to prevent 173 and the guns are op because the SCPs have insane HP. Also, 018 is sort of useful, especially since it deals damage to SCPs. Thanks!

@meburningslime I was definitely reminded of containment breach from playing your game which is a good thing! I look forward to your progress then! It sounds like you have a lot planned!

Hey, @BitWit , could you give me some examples of SCPs I need to add in? I am going to put in 500, 714 and 049.

Oh, and storyline-- I am not expecting you to do all of it, since there is SO MUCH, but could you review the storyline?
press / on the main menu…

@meburningslime Like I mentioned in the post, I don’t have a very big knowledge of the SCP universe. The ones you are already planning to add are the ones I would’ve suggested. Only other SCP I can think of is the refining machine. Also yes I will make an edit to your review to include the story too.

Thanks! Also, someone had the genius idea of adding in SCP-6783, also known as…
Siren Head.
I added in 049 and zombies too! lol

@meburningslime Siren head is a great idea, I agree! I just didn’t know he was an SCP.

Also I updated your review for the story to reflect the request.

Me neither, until now. By the way, look at the message I sent you.

@meburningslime I have once again updated your story to reflect the message you sent me.