Bits in Review - A Return?

@terte Thank you, it’ll be done as soon as I’m done with the others!

Hey @BitWit !

I’ve seen your review growing very well! Comparing it to my old, inactive review (Bored Reviews… Those were the days lol), yours is growing very well! Very impressed with this, and this might be the new go-to review place.

Anyways, I’d like to have A-Box another time. It’s been forever since it was last reviewed. Strange looking at this old project and thinking how you could have made it better XD even though it got featured, I feel I could’ve done better.

So, here’s A-Box: https://flowlab.io/game/play/1148793

Tell me on what aspects I can improve on with it:) Thanks!

Sure, and thanks for the review!

Review of Trash vs Cash
https://flowlab.io/game/play/1116489
Created by @Lexmaier06

Grading: Game play: 6.5 Game feel/Polish: 5 Art: 3.5 Sound: 4.5 Originality: 4

Average: 4.7/10

Notes: Game play: The game play of Trash vs Cash holds promise, however, as it stands the enemies are too repetitive, easy, and predictable. Game feel/Polish: Some small things that combine to impact the game feel include, unobvious rows, lack of enemy health indication, and slightly annoying troop management.(Allowing the use of hotkeys for troops would be extremely helpful) On top of that, the fact that text boxes can not even be clicked on means that many of the levels have to be accessed by hand which is extremely inconvenient and flow breaking. Art: A combination of generic game assets and rushed art seem to make the quality of the game's artistic capabilities limited. Luckily, these can be fixed with a little more attention and sprucing up. Sound: The game sound effects and music are generic, but at least the volume of these are decently set. Many places where Sfx could be used are simply missing which takes a toll on the perceived sound quality after a while. Originality: Cash vs Trash is an obvious PVZ styled game. This could expand into something more original later on, however, for now it is just a decent PVZ clone for Flowlab.
Good luck on future endeavors and thank you for the submission!

Review of Dungeon game
https://flowlab.io/game/play/1416959
Created by @F3Art

Grading: Game play: 7.5 Game feel/Polish: 9 Art: 8.5 Sound: 3.5 Originality: 7

Average: 7.1/10

Notes: Game play: Dungeon game is snappy and interesting. The controls feel tight and satisfying. With some more content and direction, it has very high potential to become something to rival most indie games. Game feel/Polish: The polish of Dungeon Game is something that all developers should be envious of. The way the game feels is simply astounding and using different weapons leaves an obvious impact on your surroundings. Keep up the good work! Art: The art is simple, however, it is not basic. It gets the job done and it does it well. Sound: The sound effects feel good and pair with the gameplay nicely. The biggest issue is with the lack of music. More music will definitely breathe more life into the game. Originality: Dungeon game is a simple yet effective, top-down shooting game akin to something like Enter the Gungeon. Unfortunately there is not much to grade originality off of here, but I will say that the axe weapon's mechanics are very unique and super fun to play around with.

dang @BitWit that’s a really good review! It was worth the wait.

is “dungeon game” a valid game name or should i actually come up with something?

the whole idea was a bunch of gummy bear creatures with cool weapons.

the game turned out to basically be a set of little rooms where i ended up just tested out random ideas and junk.
I haven’t worked on this one for about a month, (i find it really hard to keep working on the same idea for a long period of time)

but i think i might add some more stuff to this game and make it feel more complete.
thanks for the input.

@F3Art Thanks! I’m glad it helped! Sorry for the wait I got a little sidetracked and then Flowjam happened, but hopefully when I do take them, my hiatuses won’t be that long from now on. Dungeon Game is completely valid if you want to stick with it, however, coming up with something else may make it seem more original and creative. Either way you pick, make sure that it’s something you’re confident with!

hey could you do a review of a stitch in time? https://flowlab.io/game/play/1455250

I would appreciate some written feedback on things I could improve. I’m working on updating the game right now.

@F3art Sure thing!

Current Review List
1.) Dungeon Crawler [The 24 Hour Challenge]
2.) Aiden Parkour VC
3.) Cubey
4.) Pixel Sports
5.) A WAY HOME
6.) A-Box
7.) a stitch in time

Can you rate New Scared Game?flowlab.io/game/play/1468749

@Gamer20 Yes, I will review your game as soon as finish the others.

Sorry for the holdup guys, school is starting back up soon and I have been preparing for my classes. More reviews should be up by today.

Review of Dungeon Crawler
https://flowlab.io/game/play/1438286
Created by @browngr

Grading: Game play: 6 Game feel/Polish: 4 Art: 5 Sound: 2 Originality: 8.5 Story: 7

Average: 5.41/10
Completeness Bonus: +0.10
Total: 5.51/10

Notes: Game play: The concept of Dungeon crawler is cool: use potions to enhance your abilities and get through levels. This concept had a lot of potential so it's kind of sad to see it used for a small amount of time and in very few ways other than jumping. I feel some really cool puzzles could come from this especially if the potions were better displayed and maybe if they were limited use too. Game feel/Polish: This game suffers from the obvious game jam syndrome, which is, polish is hard in such a short amount of time! I don't hold this against browngr, but as a game critic, I must point it out. Many things are convoluted and the arrow indicator only helped so much before it too didn't help once you reached the target. Art: The art is good, however, pretty inconsistent. As a rule of thumb, pixel ratio per object in a game should stay relatively on the same scale. The wizard and candle lighting had very noticable differences in pixel count. This issue is also clear in the story book and Stevestius himself. Sound: There isn't any music and hardly any sound effects. I like the attempt at voice acting though! It is a rarity to see (hear I guess in this case) voice acting in Flowlab games. Originality: As I mentioned in the gameplay area, I really like the concept of the game and I feel it is fairly unique compared to other games! Story: I like the story and the way it makes you out as the "bad guy" though you really have good motives and the "good guy" is really just power hungry. It kind of reminds me of Megamind in a way. Story is also another rare thing to see in a Flowlab game so kudos there! However, I would suggest you be very careful to watch your consistency in style when writing. Using archaic words such as "thyself" without a good idea of what your purpose and tone is and what "thyself" actually means can quickly be dangerous and convolute your story.

Disclaimer! Before I start this next review I must make something very clear. I do these reviews as a hobby, a service, and as a thank you to and for the Flowlab community to help bolster its interaction. I do not do these reviews to hate on or discourage individuals who ask for them. That being said, I have also made it pretty clear in the past that I will be very honest in these reviews. The people who have submitted games for a review should know this and be comfortable with another person rating and criticizing their game. Therefore…

Review of Aiden Parkour VC
https://flowlab.io/game/play/1431997
Created by @aiden.tse

Grading: Game play: 2 Game feel/Polish: 1 Art: 1 Sound: 0 Originality: 0

Average:0.8/10
Completeness Bonus: +0.00
Total:0.8/10

Notes: Game play: The game play is weak and severely suffers from a lack of content. I would hardly call "pick a door" from Mario Maker fun, but even that has more interaction. Game feel/Polish: The game functions. It moves. It doesn't feel terrible. Art: There is absolutely no consistency between assets and hand made sprites. The sprites that are handmade though mostly consist of scribbled lines. Sound: There is none Originality: This is just a platformer. Without enemies or concepts there is only a moving block on doors.
I sincerely wish you good luck on future endeavors and please take this review to better your game dev career!

@BitWit thanks for the review! I really enjoyed the 24 hour challenge, and I’m glad you liked the concept! Thanks for the feedback! (=

No problem, what matters most is that you enjoy making your game!

What’s the game list?

@“meburningslime”, I believe Cubey and the re-review of Pixel Sports is next.