Blood Visual Effect System

Pretty quick blood effect system I made for Flowlab games. Ripped straight from Eldabyss.
If you’re gonna use it, please tell me. Credit not required but would be greatly appreciated.

12 Likes

I’m using this in Coalescence, insanely good and super easy to implement.

5 Likes

Used it for my game too

1 Like

outlines do not look good with that lol, looks messy

2 Likes

hmmmm, lemme test it out…

1 Like

Actually, what you could do is have the outline be the blood itself(it’d be black inside too) and then have the outline attach the red of the blood(it would have a higher display order than the outline), it would look like the blood is all a solid mass when close together

for my game, that would cause lot of lag.

yeah, i can see it since you have around 1.5x more objects (the blood won’t have any code or collisions besides easing out along with the blood)

1 Like

although it’s probably a bit less than 1.5x

1 Like

I will… have a lot of enemies in my game, Im optimizing it so that enemies out of screen dont emit blood.

2 Likes

yo @extrez you mind if i use this

2 Likes

That’s a bit… Bloody, lol. I don’t think the much blood is released with just one hit. Nice though!

1 Like

Just credit me for it

2 Likes

It’s a comical one and can be adjusted at your leisure. Plan to add notes in the code to tell you how to customize it

2 Likes

my game would not be the same…
this is sick yo

1 Like

shouldn’t be laggy with this type of particle as it goes away quickly

try turning off movement and using random position +x and +y mixed

2 Likes

Notes have been added in the code of each object, to help direct you around a little better.

Also changed the song to something original of mine.

4 Likes