"Building an Inventory" video is OUT! Watch IT!

If you’ve EVER wanted to build an Inventory, I JUST made a video on it. If you need help on an inventory, WATCH THE VIDEO. Share it with other people who need help! As always, THANK YOU guys for helping me on Flowlab. :smiley: :upside_down_face:

The Video: Building the Superb Inventory System (For Everyone!) - YouTube

10 Likes

Nice video, I also recently made a Sorting Inventory system using List Data types.
Flowlab Game Creator - Advance Inventory 2

4 Likes

Nice work on the video - thanks for sharing :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Sooo… an example competitor…

EH?

4 Likes

Great work, thanks for including me :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Also, if you need more ideas…

1. How to make a simple ai companion
  2. How to make an enemy ai in a top-down game
  3. How to make lighting vfx
  4. How to make an updated spawn point (like if you started the game in a certain are, but found a checkpoint so when you die or reload the game you spawn back at that point)
  5. How to make your enemy ai more advanced (like a continuation from the other video idea)
  6. How to make weapons (and switch in-between them)
    If you need anymore ideas feel free to ask, I’ll almost always have some ready @Tim01.
5 Likes

YES.
Doggo example here I come!

3 Likes

Yeah, I could help out with that. I did most of its code (although it was originally done by huckleberry)

2 Likes

Take a look at the beta:

3 Likes

Sounds good, I’ll get to that.

Edit: maybe make your own topic, this is for @Tim01’s video

2 Likes

Oh right.
@Tim01 you’re video’s beautiful and amazing! Keep doing what you’re doing!

2 Likes

Alright, this is AWESOME! Starting to see some actions. Glad you’re all getting in the game. Well, I’ll look into those examples more, and see what I can do. Thank you AGAIN!

2 Likes

Bit off topic, but I wanted to say you look exactly how I imagined you did. Not sure if I have a great imagination, or your look just encapsulates your personality that well :thinking:

2 Likes

Thanks! Never looked at myself that way! Sry, never knew how you look, except for the profile image.

2 Likes

I don’t expect you would, I don’t think anyone here could accurately guess my appearance :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Is that good or bad? Are you complimenting yourself or what?

2 Likes

Not complimenting myself, I just don’t think I look like most people would imagine

2 Likes

Just got done watching one of you older videos, and I think you should bring that idea back!

The Video I watched:

The video I watched was a 1v1 game comparison by two of the best creators on the website @CrimsonBlackGames, and @JR01. Focus 2 Versus Escape the Rewind Game against Game (GamzBetter) - YouTube

Ideas to improve the series (If you choose to bring it back):

You can make videos comparing similar, and or popular flowlab games such as “One Minute Miner” by @Greggo, and “The Illusionist” by @PostCrypter!
I personally think it would be better to compare similar games (so if its a fast paced shooter/platformer you can compare it to another fast paced shooter/platformer), so that way its easier to compare the two and bring up points and aspects that you think one game did better, or worse at (Remember, you seem like a nice guy. But you can’t be afraid to criticize. Its not being mean, its just showing us what we can improve on. This is the entire structure of being a game developer, I’m sure most people here wouldn’t get offended by constructive criticism)

A New Idea:

And perhaps you can bring a new series where you explore upcoming games. You can play them (if they are available to the public), or you can go through all of the little easter eggs and hints you’ve found in the forums. Such as “Sol” by @rcreger!You could also play older games by the same to developer to find clues, and patterns in the games they make

Conclusion:

Stuff like this takes ALOT of planning, scripting, and commitment. So far you’ve shown that you love this community and making videos to help us, and I think this would be really cool. But in the end your judgment is the only one that matters.

My Commitment:

I love this community and everyone in it, so I’ve decided that because I love what your doing for everyone so much that I’ll commit myself to helping you out. We have something here that no one else has, and its truly special what Grazer, and all of the others have created. Frankly you Inspire me…you inspire me to show these awesome people how much they truly mean to me, so If you need my help with ideas, scripting, moral support, or anything that comes up I’m here. And I’ll always be here. These ideas are mine and mine alone, and if you disapprove of them that’s totally fine. It won’t change my opinion of you, and I’ll still be willing to help.

3 Likes

Hey, THANK YOU Ram. I so appreciate what you do for me. I really enjoy this community and I will help out with my videos as much as I can. Thank you Ram and I will ALWAYS come to you for help if needed. You can be sure of that! Well, good luck with the rest of the day.

2 Likes

Alright! That’s the next video that I’ll be releasing! Definitely worth it. :smiley:

2 Likes