Call for example games/demos 📢

Thanks to everyone who has been offering up examples!

I just added some of them to the help page:

Thanks @Flying_Fajita & @Samuel_TomĂŠ_PixelPizza

I also didn’t consider any examples that were missing screenshots.

8 Likes

Nice! I’ll go over the examples you posted and polish them soon.

3 Likes

@Samuel_TomĂŠ_PixelPizza @JR01 Holy bananas that particle system tho :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head:

5 Likes

I was just using the HEX to RGB one the other day, nice

3 Likes

Heres one I made, might be helpfull to some users?

2 Likes

Oh! I get how this is done. This is pretty clever.

3 Likes

Thanks! It is not super complicated, but I thought it might be usefull to people.

3 Likes

It’s not much, but I think it may be useful to newer users.

2 Likes

I have better:

Really?
My solution:

HiFive’s solution:

Its multi use and each one will be different

How is your’s multi-use? I don’t understand.
Also, more≠better, mine is much simpler to both use and edit.

that’s horrible. That is absolutely horrible.
Doesn’t have a good enough understanding of optimization at all. If you’re using more than 5 of the same behavior for the same task (dozens of filters to select a path) then there’s a better way. And it’s called a Router, one of the most common mistakes.

Here I talked about how to spot mistakes

How to make it more readable and overall better because the organization is based on how code runs, so you’ll run into wayyy less Frame Order problems. And because it’s readably you’ll save hours of time compared to reading that mess.

4 Likes

Whos is horrible?

Your code is not good. Not gonna sugar coat it, besides the other mistakes, I’d at least expect a router to be used instead of dozens of filters

4 Likes

It cant be used if i set it to text that is why i did not use it.

That’s just a fundamental issue in code understanding. I know for an absolute fact that what you did is very wrong. Flowlab isn’t bad, you know you did something wrong the second code looks like that.
And you’re using “Text to Number” anyways, so it doesn’t matter if it was a text value.

4 Likes

For the code to a game I’ll mention it if it’s ruins the games performance, but it typically doesn’t so I don’t point out all the issues I normally see.
But for an example, I want it to be very optimized and thought out, with things clearly labeled and easy to understand. I hate seeing people develop bad habits just because they didn’t know there was a better way. People ask for help on the forums, but like 40% of the “solutions” I see people give just make me cringe

5 Likes

Same

3 Likes

All of my examples! The’re not much but they may be helpful to newer users.

4 Likes