<Cardagon Demo>

The key to being a game dev is this right here.

2 Likes

ok I think it may be fixed, if anyone is free to test

2 Likes

After winning my first fight, the enemy died, but I remained stuck here. When I press wasd, the movement animation plays, but I don’t actually move. Also, that timer thing is still counting up

5 Likes

ok I fixed that new bug!
I had actually thought I fixed it but I forgot to add in 1 single behavior :’)
as far as I know the old bug with the freezing is fixed, as I haven’t run into it at all

3 Likes

Update:

Additions:

• new card! It is a trap card, you place it down and lure the enemy into walking on it.

Fixes:

• starting hand receiving too many cards after first battle
  • game freezing randomly (idk how I even did that)
  • game not ending after enemy died

Coming soon:

• 2 new cards
  • money
  • levels affecting your health
3 Likes

Will you be able to use the money to buy card packs and get even better cards?

2 Likes

The poll needs to be changed so you can see who voted (I want to be pinged)

2 Likes

ok I figured it out

• I would like to be pinged
  • I don’t want to be pinged

0 voters

1 Like

Yes, I plan to add card rarities, card packs, enemy drops, etc.

3 Likes

Update:

• Added a new card: Magic Candle; it’s really powerful, so it has a rare color card
  • There is now a status effect system, so I can add these type of cards a lot faster
  • When taking damage characters will display a text value to show the damage
  • Fixed a couple of obscure bugs

I plan to keep on adding cards until I have enough to get started on the actual game

Pings

@ManiacPumpkin @CodeAlpaca @chrisdakiller @Pixel_Name1 @nhgcr_for_the_3rd_time @DeadlyGumChewer

3 Likes

Update:

• Added support for battles with multiple enemies

I cried multiple times working on this. Enemies have path-finding now so they will go around obstacles / other enemies. They also have a different “phase” for moving then attacking. I also had to work on the characters moving to the right positions when the battle starts. There are still a bunch of bugs, but I’ll be working on those in the next update. Once most bugs are fixed, I’ll add more cards and perhaps another type of enemy with different cards in their deck and more health.
It’s still gonna be a while before an actual game is made but I’m one step closer now!

Edit: Once again, if anyone has card ideas feel free to post them!

Pings

@CodeAlpaca @ManiacPumpkin @Pixel_Name1 @chrisdakiller @DeadlyGumChewer @TheFlowingLabThatFlowsALab @nhgcr_for_the_3rd_time

2 Likes

Update:

• added a new card: Power Nap :costs 0 bits, restores 5 health
  • added a new card: Caltrops : costs 1 bit, deals 25 damage and is a trap card
  • added dmg text for the healing cards
  • fixed a bug where the battlefield would be broken
  • added a 3-enemy area

Probably gonna add some new cards and a new enemy in the next update. That is if I don’t get burnt out too much lol.

Summary

@ManiacPumpkin @Pixel_Name1 @CodeAlpaca @DeadlyGumChewer @chrisdakiller @TheFlowingLabThatFlowsALab @nhgcr_for_the_3rd_time

3 Likes

If the new enemy has hair, can it be spiky? I have a surprise mod idea.

2 Likes