Checkpoints

How do I make a checkpoint where if I die… I respawn there!

Um… Well it works easier if it’s a platformer, but in general… Lets see if I can explain this.
You will need to go to the square on the map editor and look at the coordinates 0,0 or whatever they are. Now open your player behaviors, add the 1st number and add the 2nd number.connect the first number to a position X, and the second number to a position Y

Now have however you have your death set up link to the position with a mailbox
If you die, you should teleport to that area of the map. That’s just teleporting though, I don’t know if you had restart level before or what. Anyway, for any other checkpoints, find their coordinates, open player behaviors, add those numbers, and have collision or proximity to checkpoint go (in) to the 2 numbers, an have them (set) the old numbers. That way you teleport back to the last checkpoint.

Understand?

What?

???

Here is how it should look

Screenshot 2015-01-29 at 7.19.36 PM
Screenshot 2015-01-29 at 7.19.11 PM

Don’t forget to have the position on grid

ALSO don’t forget to do this to your check point!Screenshot 2015-01-29 at 6.59.36 PM
Or else it wouldn’t work! (keep on level RESTART)

what is reset on level restart?

@Bigship1

1. This post is from January (OF 2015!!!)
  2. Saves made this allot easier now

Agreed

Can you show me how people do the saves now

Put a number into the save. The read will output that number. The names of the save MUST BE INPUTTED.

Put a number into the save. The read will output that number. The names of the save MUST BE INPUTTED.

@meburningslime THIS IS A POST FROM 2013 why are you responding to it?!

Because the question was from last week.

I know this is like 2 years late but thx!!!

2 Likes

2 YEARS LATER :sob:

Please do not respond to old forums, as it can get in the way of newer ones. Looking at the old messages, it seems as if it’s a tradition to revive this forum- :upside_down_face:

1 Like

^

Also wow this thread has been revived a lot some how

3 Likes