Chronophobia (Flowjam Summer 2022)

Not going to tell much since most of the game will be kept secret and it will often be private.

5 Likes

All it does rn is generate the starting corruption biome and all the tiles…
At least movement works lol

3 Likes

Why did you disable mod support :cry:?.. …Now I can’t add the Minions…

1 Like

please shut up

Sincerely, puginarug

3 Likes

Do not respond to me in this topic, but I would like to point out the objective fact that both you, puginarug, and Galactican are both nerds (:nerd_face:). Me, 117JOJO, and MetaNinja are all gigachads because we love and support the Minions.

Example:

1 Like

I’m not hating on the movie (i’d probably like the movie tbh). I’m hating on the fact that you guys are annoying the shit out of us by spamming something related to it when no one cares.

6 Likes

That’s not really the point. I don’t necessarily mind what you say, cause it’s freedom is speech, but I must slightly agree with @paisleypug and @Galactian. You guys have been posting a lot of useless stuff about the new minions, asking a lot of people to add it in their games, making memes, etc. it’s alright it it stick to the ofc or something, but it gets pretty annoying real quick when it’s constantly posted on many other discussions.
First it was Morbius and now the minions. You even made an entirely knew topic just for Morbius meme and it was clogging the forums of notifications. I know when a new meme movie appears, you all jump on the train and ride it for as long as you can until the next movie.
Which I don’t mind, as long as you keep it down a bit. You’ve been very post-happy about a lot of it and a lot of people have been able to tolerate it, but on a personnel scale, I do find it a bit annoying to find messages constantly about the minions or something.
I’m sure the movie is good, and you’re just doing it for the memes, I have nothing against that, but I do ask that you keep it to the otc at least, and don’t ask people to add something like that to a game cause it doesn’t really sound like a serious question. Most people don’t make games based off of memes an stuff like you guys do so it’s kind of weird when people are asked to put that kind of stuff in their game.
You can keep posting about it, but I do just ask you keep it in the otc and not post it on everything else. It’s alright to have fun, but the forums was mostly for people to discuss serious game development and ask questions. Which was why the otc was make.

9 Likes

Based. However, I would like to clarify that Minions is not just for the memes and I genuinely like it. I will try to shut up about Minions for now. Please do consider watching it some time because it is a truly great film.

4 Likes

I get and understand what you are saying,but you do talk about minions a lot and sometimes that can be annoying to some people.There is nothing wrong with liking someone but it can be anyone when you talk about it all the time.

4 Likes

Game is open again.
Here’s how it will work:
You get an hour to prepare for grace period to end. During this time the corruption will spread extremely slowly, around 0.2% every 10 minutes. The corruption will only spawn enemies if it’s nearby the player during this time.

After grace:
Many new enemies appear and the corruption starts spread rapidly and exponentially. At first it will spread only 2 times faster than before grace, and this will speed up 50% every minute.

New enemies will counter walls and increase the chances of the corruption seeping into your base and ending your game. The goal is to survive as long as possible after grace period. If I have time I’ll add an expert mode.

Corruption cannot spread through walls. So you want to have all your buildings behind walls so they have a chance. You have no weapons besides a hammer, so you have to rely on turrets. The final drill level requires a material dropped by a new enemy, meaning that maxed out buildings require you to reach the end of grace period.

5 Likes

First enemy added: Growler, spawns in corruption.

I really don’t expect to finish this game and if I do I only spent like 4 of the 14 days on it…

I will finish it after the flowjam if I have too, I really do think it will be extremely fun when done.

5 Likes

Tutorial added, walls can now be placed and cost wood, and they also now have all 5 levels done.

Health bars added

Maxed feature added

Ui has more features (mouse hovering)

4 Likes

lol, I lost about a full week myself.

4 Likes

You can now place turrets and upgrade them. Tumorite is now gatherable after grace ends.

Eggs added (give tumorite)

New enemy that explodes and deals a lot of damage.

Corruption is no longer a fleshy purple biome, it’s now a moldy flesh biome. Enemies have new sprites.

4 Likes

I did it. 5 days out of 14 and I finished an ambitious project. I wanted to add a lot more like a boss, but after flowjam this game will heavily be updated regularly as my friend will join me in creating it’s updates as they love the idea as much as I do.

2 Likes

Just added some final balance changes to make it less boring.

2 Likes

yeehaw good and a challenge

2 Likes