Chuntian de youxi Demo (Pixel_Name1)

use collins translate instead

1 Like

Nah pull out an oujla board and ask confucius instead

1 Like

Currently working on a boss for the game just working on animations right now.

3 Likes

Firstly, I really like the art direction, and the mechanics are really executed for a puzzle game. I see a lot of potential! Hereā€™s a few notes from when a played a little bit of it (first level only):

• The enemy animation (I think itā€™s a snail), the jittery animation makes it pretty difficult to predict where exactly it is going. I suggest that the sprite moves less on the X plane. I like the movement, and think it conveys the animation decent, but maybe something a little slower.
  • The biggest issue I found was the jump x-velocity when platforming or trying to pick up the spring object. You slide through the air very easily. What I suggest is to either stop x-velocity if the movement keys (A and D) are not pressed, or to reduce the in air movement speed. The latter would be more difficult, but either one I think would make the platforming feel better.
  • Finally, a small issue, is that Iā€™m not sure why the UI over the spring tells you to press S when jumping on it, especially if you can just pick it up if you jump on it. Maybe I am missing something. This last one is more of a question, and if I am missing something, this could be a sign to have a little more information for the player on the S button press.

Overall, very cool concept and really like the art and animation, and the gameplay has a ton of potential. Looks fun, if you have any question, just let me know!

Cheers!

3 Likes

Thatā€™s not what itā€™s supposed to be telling you itā€™s trying to tell you that you can pick it up. Sorry for that, Iā€™ll try and find a better way to show that.

4 Likes

Youā€™re good! I think having the player jump on it so they pick it up, and then showing the S prompt to let them know they can place it might be a decent way to go about it:D

Good luck!

6 Likes

Menu is added :smiley:
It should be up and working so check it out.
(Note Speedrun does not work yet it will just start the game)

3 Likes

P.S
Made this with entirely out of labels and numbers so Iā€™m pretty proud of it (:

3 Likes

New secret in the menu and is a tribute to @BradenS

Hint on how to see it

You are in CONTROL

4 Likes

:grin: :blush: :+1: :star2:

3 Likes

New level with an easter egg to a @CodeAlpaca and @DinoDev game!

6 Likes

Is this game still being developed?

4 Likes

Yup, not high on the priority list though.

4 Likes