Constructive Criticism For My Game, Regrets Of A Platformer

Hello, Everyone!

I’ve Made A Small, 5 Level Game And Would Like Feedback. I Would Appreciate It If A Few People Would Review It, As I’ve Heard It Is A Bit Hard Among My Friends. I Would Like Some Suggestions And To See How Difficult A Wider Audience Thinks It Is.

The Game Is Called Regrets Of A Platformer, And Here Is The Link: Regrets Of A Platformer

Thanks!

1 Like

Hello @saep,

First impression:
This game is NOT easy. It’s pretty fun though.

Art: 5/10 The sprites are all basic Flowlab sprites or based on them. Try drawing your own sprites, it’s a big part of game developing.

Gameplay: 7/10 You have one life… That’s how it should be! I really like the difficulty! But… there are fake blocks. Really. This might not be the best idea if you want people to continuously play this game. Maybe take out wall-sticking.

Overall: 6/10 This game isn’t too bad for an early game. This kind of platformer is easy to make and fun to play.

Suggestions:
Take out wall-sticking.
Add custom-drawn sprites
Maybe take out the fake blocks.
Please don’t capitalize every word, it makes it very annoying to read.

-Ember.Y

3 Likes

It’s very average for someone’s first game on flowlab, mostly requiring extremely little coding. I’d say it’s pretty good for a first time experience, but no offense, not something I’d play

3 Likes

I believe wall-sticking is a part of flowlab, as it wasn’t intended at first. Currently, it is needed to progress and restructuring the levels and finding a way to get rid of wall-sticking might take a while. I’m not much of an artist, but I’ll try to make some custom sprites.

2 Likes

Change the player’s hitbox type to Capsule, that gets rid of wall sticking.

1 Like

Very Difficult game, I got as far as level three, almost beating it, before realizing there is a practice mode. Quick note on practice mode, you have to constantly activate after death, I think you should tie it to a global value and then add a switch to deactivate practice mode.

2 Likes

This game is freakishly hard. I got to the third level, then died. Also, if you’re putting “Get Good” in your description, switch it for Get Gud, it sounds better.

2 Likes

Just beat level 3 with practice mode

1 Like

What’s practice mode?

2 Likes

read the description, also multiple buttons to walk

2 Likes

I’VE DONE IT!!!(with practice mode spamming)
This game is insanely difficult sheesh, I think all you need to do now is fix practice mode and up the art a little.

1 Like