Crystal storm (no longer taking requests)

Now my main problem is how am i going to be able to make cutscenes work. Should one of us animate a scene? Or should I make some sort of behaviors thing and have to fight the timers…ugh

cutscenes are extremely hard to make, if you’re trying to animate it. I tried and basically gave up on it

Oh yeah, I know that problem. Cutscenes are a pain. I would recommend you make a separate character from the player, so you can’t accidentally break the cutscenes, and instead of using timers, if there is dialogue, just have pressing (A) or whatever button you choose, to continue the cutscene, and have it trigger the next event. You can use a bunch of filters and a number that goes up, that count how many times (A) has been pressed, or maybe a bunch of toggles that chain (next), to go through the the actions. It’s a pretty big pain. I even once attempted to make animated videos, using giant images on the UI, and make them do animations, like a gif, and try to sync sounds and voice clips to the videos, but that was also a pain.

I used to animate, quite a lot actually…

As far as dialog, i stick to alerts

One of the hardest games you could make on Flowlab would be one of those “choose your own path” games, where you choose a path and the cutscenes do the rest. For example, at start it shows the player getting two boxes. One would bankrupt you and one would make you a billionaire. The box you choose decides the next animation… something like that

No, im going to leave that to telltale games XD

B7BA9E8F-31AA-4A77-B6AD-97390C059468

Now i need do make a name for the lightning mage

yeah. That would be hopeless… for me, anyway. -_- (the choose your own path thingy)

355CC0A4-E90F-4895-A238-B8F0F4D9BA07

I enlarged his/her sprite

D67251BB-0275-4642-A584-91622A3EF967

Just another mage

7B71A88C-864C-4E36-95D6-BB7FDCD6B23B

Instead of concept art, i like to doodle little gags about characters

I could make a choose your own path game. It all just depends on how you want to make it. Personally, I would make it like this. You have an object on the UI that shows your good/evil meter. The meter goes from 0 to 10. There is a number on the UI that changes, based on how many good people you kill, vs how many evil people you kill. You use an equation to factor the worth of the character, out of 100. If you kill a small enemy, your hero meter goes up 3, if you kill the king, your evil meter drops 30, if you kill a dragon, your hero meter rises 20. It will always be easier to be evil, because you don’t always know who you may be fighting, unless you spare them. It would be like Undertale, where dialogue changes, based on the level of evil you are, and who you killed. Each character can have 2-10+ different settings of dialogue, that are chosen by a filter, based on what your good/evil number is. This may also determine whether or not a shopkeeper will sell you anything, or fight you instead.

In the wizard game, there could be powerups and the player would be able to gain experience to use more powerful magic. Just an idea

The name of the game is crystal storm…

Crystal can learn moves from scrolls and other characters such as Mhx.

http://flowlab.io/game/play/489993

This btw is what i have worked on

Hey mhx, can you provide some tile assets from your game or something that resembles it?

Oh and both Mhx and Aero and their animation frames, that way i can truly start…

Yeah, sure. I’ll see what I can do, to make sprites that fit this game style.