Crystal storm (no longer taking requests)

Here, I made an idle sprite for Mhx. He is 6’2", so he is taller than Crystal. I’ll make some for Crystal Aero.
You can lower the eyebrows for annoyed, slide them one pixel over to look behind, and only lower the right eyebrow to pop an eyebrow and stare at the player, breaking the 4th wall. I’ll make some more stances, and walking animations later.

Here, use these for now. Mhx wears a jacket, so he can be flipped, but Crystal doesn’t, she wears just a white tank top, so you can see her indigo dragon tattoo on her right arm. They both have the same tattoo, but Crystal just doesn’t wear a hooded jacket.

Neat!

Sam from practically almost every game i have (the guy with the orange shirt)
Has a similar way of coming back to life. But he’s weaker as a result. After taking a deadly blow, he implodes into nothing… Then bursts back in, sending a shockwave out and shredding enemies to bits. However he does not have this ability in my games because thats downright OP.

Sam makes an appearance in crystal storm, too. He is the mage of fire, but he gets killed by the lightning mage and respawns in an unknown area. Then gets attacked by Mhx by surprise (this was before he met crystal) but by reflex he takes down Mhx, that pisses Aero off. So as a way of getting out, sam teleports to the underworld

Interesting that you say he beats Mhx, because he never takes most fights seriously, and it pisses off Aero, because when he gets hurt, she gets pissed, goes into a dark rage, and breaks gravity, making thinks float, or get crushed. It would be a good idea for him to teleport, while she attacks.

Sounds good. Now i just gotta think about how to pull this all off

Mostly this is going to be cutscenes, but when the player controls crystal, they have to traverse over an overworld (like from zelda)

The special effects are easy. You know Shadow the Hedgehog, I’m sure. Let’s say I make a game where he does chaos control. I would make a big purple ring, then have it ease from size 0 to 100, and give all the terrain on the level an animation that transitions from normal colors, to inverted colors, and then send a message for all enemies to set their speeds as half, and then have everything go back to normal after a 100 tick timer. I can make just about anything in Flowlab, except figure out how to make a really well functioning Super Metroid game. The gravity in Flowlab is rubbery.

Yeah… Believe it or not i have his designated game for the gamecube

Nice, so you know about Chaos Control and Chaos Blast. My characters have similar abilities called Timebreak, and Elemental versions of a (type)Pulse (Darkpulse, Lightpulse, Electropulse (Shattershock), Hydropulse (Flashwave), Firepulse (Inferno), Windpulse (Sonicboom), and Earthpulse (Burstquake), depending on the Elemental Diamond they are holding.

Sometimes when sam hightails out of a scenario in my little gags i draw, he will say something like “the pope of nope has spoken”

Im planning to add those little one liners in there too

Sounds good. I wonder if @grazer has a maturity system. I’m not sure how he feels about us adding swearing or blood in our games, since there aren’t any rules against it.

I’ll just put up a “Rated M for Mature” like most shooter games have. You can’t really make an action game for teens and adults without some violence.

Big time

Usually my characters never swear. Guess this will be my first game with swearing. Eh…

Also sam is a day-walker, or vampire that has all of their powers but none of their weaknesses (including sunlight), he also doesn’t have a bloodlust and doesn’t steal life energy.

He also has demon wings- but I never added any mechanics of that in other games…

What gives him a hint of comedy is the fact that that he constantly makes STUPID remarks that get under his enemies skin that eventually drives them insane. At one point during a cutscene crystals rage meter fills up and she kills Sam. (If Aero and Mhx have a sense of humor then they’ll laugh in the background)

They’re really sarcastic, so probably.

Like if an enemy runs to the left of the screen, and you run the same way and ask where the enemy ran, they will point right, back where you came from, even through 2D games only have 2 directions.

Why am i laughing?