CubeTales 2 Remaster

Back in early 2021, I had just come off the success of taile gamougg 3: Journey Through the Land of Blocks and made 1.2 billion dollars from sales. Not long after, I asked my best friend @nhgcr_for_the_3rd_time if I could make a CubeTales game because I found his original game to be fun and challenging months (and now years) later. This was the result.

But me and nhgcr both agree that the game needs a remaster/remake, so I set out to update the game in the same way that I did for gamougg 3: a “massive overhaul update”. This basically means to remake a game, but without cloning it on Flowlab and just making everything better and newer.

Currently I’m just doing sprite updates, but new lore and skins are being made as well. Here’s a really cool skin that I’m very proud of:

Tricolor Killer

1 Like

Original boss

Boss redesign

1 Like

more designs of 2 year old sprites incoming (ignore the extra pixel that’s my cursor)

1 Like

I been up late 2:50 AM. Also I hope you enjoy! The overhauling is about 30% done after nearly 17-18 hours.

1 Like

Great game! I actually had a problem with the first set of spikes, it didn’t kill the guy.

1 Like

Thank you! I request more elaboration because I do not get what you said

New cover art. Just now when I was selecting this from my File Explorer to upload the image, I noticed how similar it looks to the current CubeTales 3 cover that nhgcr designed lol.

This cover utilizes assets and visuals from both my official 2D render of Cuby, and my newly remade CubeTales Starry Night drawing (I should really come up with a new name for that cuz I don’t wanna copy Van Gogh).

New game page background
CubeTales 2 updated game page background 2023

1 Like

i suggest actually outlining the shape of the body yourself instead of just spamming circle tool

2 Likes

Alright. I did want to make him almost entirely out of circles though. It’s also easier to animate and costs less time, which I don’t have in abundance these days. Although I agree that what you say would look better.

1 Like

you’re sounding like a AAA gamedev rn

1 Like

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

1 Like

WHO THE HECK IS REGINALD!?!!??

reginald.

2 Likes