Customized hitboxes or more hitbox settings.

OK, so flowlab hitboxes are fine and all… but what about custom hitboxes? So, let’s say that we want to make… a portal for the main character of our game to go to to check a world/level. The portal sprite (this is the beta sprite, i’m working on a better one, it will have three parts: ladder, trigger and top, yes I am using this concept for the game’ s hub world, here is the sprite at once: https://flowlab.io/assets/users/77/user_775668/game_1267519/img_asset_7066677.png)
should only work on an specific part: the designed one or, right now, the drawn part. The problem is that the hit-box would get triggered BEFORE touching the portal. And it would be kinda confusing… Yeah, we need more hitbox settings or we should be able to choose the hitbox.
-datboiddjo

Well there are 2 things you could do;

• You could make the hitbox a Polygon which would make the hitbox of the shape of the sprite.
    This is really useful to create custom hitboxes such as corners and smaller space.
  • make separate objects to make the hitboxes you wanted.
    This is a technique used by many users to create a smaller hitbox than the sprite or be in a specific position.

The sprite that you linked has several parts. What you could do is either make a separate object for the portal (trigger) or to create an object to get a specific hitbox for where you want the portal to activate when the player interacts with it.

OK. Thank you! I didn’t know that polygon meant that. Yes, I am doing the two things. Though that the “polygon” hitbox meant the shape shown was the hit-box. I am a beginner, anyways.
-datboiddjo