Den And The 9 Kings(Devlog)First Game)

That and in general is looks a lot more tidy and clean(I’m a neat freak when it comes to things like that :sweat_smile:)

3 Likes

Thanks for the advice!

3 Likes

there is a single floating pixel on the houses

2 Likes

You mean on the bottom?

2 Likes

yes

1 Like

Flowlab Game Creator - New Game with den
i addd an easter egg to my game

3 Likes

Thanks BradenS I really appreciate it!

1 Like

Hi Everyone
@CodeAlpaca @ManiacPumpkin @John_Shrekinson @BradenS @TheFlowingLabThatFlowsALab @Pixel_Name1

I have made some art improvements to the game!

Yay!

Yeah I know, so here is what I updated!
Number One: I added something new to the ground so it does not looks so empty. Ever since I deleted poor-grass…But anyways I think it looks better without the grass and with trails instead!
See look at the changes!( This is all around the map not just here…)
Screenshot 2022-09-24 at 11.12.34 PM
Screenshot 2022-09-24 at 11.13.45 PM

Wow That’s so cool!

Thanks, Audience that is reading! I also changed the trees if you haven’t seen it!
Number Two: I have also added new houses to waffle town! I just need to add the waffle stands and there you go! Waffles!

Plans
I plan to add a inventory like a rpg game! Where you can change weapons or eat food to gain health( No health bar yet for character but soon)

5 Likes

Cool!

1 Like

is this game still being worked on?

1 Like

Yeah its still being work on of course

2 Likes

Hey Community! There is a big problem! I have been working on stuff for the game but something not right. I think the map is too big and now its lagging again! The other problem, is I need to leave flowlab for a while. As i am going on to c++ and my career on starting my own company. I will see you guys soon. I hope flowlab lives on!

4 Likes

If the map is too large and it’s causing the game to lag then you might want to reduce the amount of objects that have collisions on. Since it’s trying to register all at once. I also recommend that any objects with code will be disabled using the in view behavior so that way you don’t have tons of code already running all at once.

And If you already made sure of this and the game still lags, there might be other issues, but I can’t think of them off the top of my head. I’m sure there’s other users who can give better tips to make your game perform better.

Also good luck on the hiatus and on your c++ education. We all will be here when you get back. (Hopefully).

4 Likes

Hey Everyone! Right now I am in c++ class! :smiley: Im learning coding and stuff like that and class is about to end. Anyways Hi Maniac Pumpkin, What to do you mean hopefully? Is flowlab going to end? :frowning: I hope not. Tell grazer to keep it going

5 Likes

What I meant was that hopefully we are all still active on here for your return, lol. Like users come and go and stuff just happens outside the forums.

I didn’t mean anything about flowlab ending, but just user activity.

4 Likes

Hey Guys!

I am back, with new skills, it is time I add a little something to my game! Before, I get back to coding school…

4 Likes

nice, can’t wait for more updates on this game

4 Likes

me too :smiley:

2 Likes

Hi Everyone,

It’s been, long again. I have been studying C++ to become a game developer, a indie game developer to be more specific. Here are some new updates I have added to the game, I only have time for the art and it is back to coding school this week. But I also have a holiday break, so I can work on this game all day and night. Here are the updates: I have added more details to the houses, and the trees. For the player turned off limited paint, so now you can shoot unlimited paint (In till I change it once more.) Pretty much this is it. But here is what I have plan for the future though, I plan to add more objects the more you travel deeper down into the woods. There will also be a paint meter showing how much paint you have left in till it is empty or you fill it up. For the fill up mechanic, there will be additional ways to get more paint. There will be a machine where it fills the paint meter in till it’s full. These machines will be placed at boss fights, and places before enemies appear. So don’t waste your paint. I also want to add paint spatter on the floor and then disappear, but I don’t know how to, So I will look that up.

5 Likes

im really glad this game is still being updated :smiley:

3 Likes