Den And The 9 Kings(Devlog)First Game)

Welcome back, if you forget your password again there’s a forgot my password button on the sign in page (:

4 Likes

You remeber? So you dont like it?

3 Likes

no i still do, but i forgot about it when you disappeared

2 Likes

Dont worry you know why I am back in business and so is the hand

3 Likes

(I broke both of my hands :sob:…But it’s back to normal and so is the code for the hands)
The hands now try to grab you, just need some grabbing and get me out mechanics…
ezgif.com-gif-maker (1)

4 Likes

Hi Everyone good morning and good afternoon? but anyways there is a problem lag! How to I make it stop lagging? I cant even edit or code now…So anyone got any ideas? I could delete the grass but no… Wait! Is there somthing when the object is not in screen it disappears but if it is it shows?

3 Likes

There is a behavior called On Screen and it will tell you when an object is “In View” or “Out of View”, this behavior is found in the Properties section. I’ll try looking at the game and seeing what causes most of the lag (reloading the page may also help if you were editing code for a long time)

EDIT: The game is running fine for me, is it working fine now?

2 Likes

Let me check…yep still aggy i reload it and it made it worse…

2 Likes

It works fine for me and I’m using a pretty old Chromebook. Could you send a gif/video of what your screen looks like?

2 Likes

I think I know how to get rid of the lag… I think I need to take off the grass becuauses there are too much grass sprites all over the map so bye bye grass :frowning:

3 Likes

Hi Everyone I have made some pretty live updates…Got to say gotta looks nice!
First I added panicking. Yep so technically people are just running randomly( Not quite effective but it kind works except them colliding with the walls) With a panic animation. You can’t talk to them though. I have also death to the play to don’t touch the hand. Also instead of grass I added snow to the ground which nothing happens…
I plan to add checkpoint animations and label. You when you enter a town it says the name on the top of the screen. Yep something like that.

2 Likes

Lag Update: I still having trouble editing but I think I know why. I think it is because of the code. There are like so much. Especially for the dialogue so much, how can i lower down lag? (

Sad part is that if I try it lags more…so

2 Likes

help aaa

2 Likes

Umm…Let see what i can do! Ok so to not get stuck in a corner. I need to make the hand go back when they are hit so dont worry about

3 Likes

Ok try again @BradenS When you shoot them with the paint they stay in place. But that makes the enemy very easy to beat so I have to add something like ammo but it’s paint

3 Likes

paint buckets you collect and you can fill up a bar for ammo maybe?

1 Like

That’s a great idea! Thanks I will add it in!

2 Likes

Hi Everyone! Quick Update:

• Added Paint Ammo!
    When you shoot paint out of the brush you lose paint! Get paint buckets to fill your paint bucket up!
  • added enemy attack
    If you get the fist you die instantly. What? Paper has one life!
3 Likes

nice!

1 Like

When you are in the editor the more behaviors that are on screen the more it lags, that’s another reason why using bundles is a great idea

5 Likes