Depth 666 -An interactive puzzle story game [Update Log]

I’m making a very fun 8-bit platformer based story based game

I was wanting to see what you thought about it and what i should add. I am also looking for a storyline for it. (Yeah I haven’t made one yet)

Hello every one I have named my game Depth 666. Depth because of how you in a underground dimension of some sort and 666 since you have to navigate through hellish puzzles.

3 Likes

Also thanks to @ManiacPumpkin for the walking design idea :smile:

I like the aesthetic, good start so far :slight_smile:

Thank you at @grazer. My plans are to have a very simple game but add a lot of lure behind it and a lot of secrets, cause these are my favorite type of games. So why not make one :smile:

Hey guys I added a better interact system so when you interact with and object once you can no longer interact with it again, for mostly bug fixing. Of course this will not be added to important interactions like an NPC or something thats really important for you to proceed through the game.

1 Like

I need to add that to my game.

Good though

1 Like

@nrypsjc thank you for your compliment it means a lot to me. I’m also glad to have given you an idea or a reminder to add a similar design to your game.

Hey every one. I have added some new sprites including a ghost and a gravestone if you want to check this out. I am also looking for any ideas for my game, it can be some mechanics, a story, or just a sprite in general. Just looking for material to spice my game up a bit. Also let me know if you guys like the art style. Ive mostly made games in the past on color, but I decided to make this game without color and with 8-bit retro graphics to challenge myself. Don’t know if this makes it easier or harder for me, but it’s something new I’m trying out which is good right. Any way tell me about some of your ideas for my game, don’t be shy.

1 Like

Here’s some mechanics I think could fit into the game:

Sprint
Double jump
Crouch

As for the story, I was thinking of a concept of it having the moral of depression, and getting out of it. We start out in this dark void, but as we reach the end, and beat the boss, all the clues click into place. There could be a final cutscene where we see a black area turn into a colorful grassland or something.

1 Like

I’m already working on a sprint mechanics you can even look at the animations in the player he was a walk and a run. The double jump is a good idea maybe for a short period of time you can use it in some areas to get through puzzles so I’ll be adding that. I also have a crouch mechanic it’s just not entirely finished i also need to redo the animation.

Also thank you very much for you reply :heart:

I was thinking about something like that put the thing is it would kind of be similar to color quest in a way. I was going to make most of the lure and story was going to context with the signs. Can you create a story with that.

1 Like

That sounds great! Can’t wait to see the finished game!

And making a story through world signage is very doable, but can be challenging since people can miss it. Though that doesn’t have to be a bad thing. It gives more freedom to the player. But pacing and plot can vary a lot in this situation, as the player may go to fast in one area and too slow in another, or get one sign here but not another there.

1 Like

Sorry I couldn’t reply earlier. You’re welcome!

1 Like

Exactly thats what makes it interesting. If you miss something on the signs or a clue or something the player won’t have the full story making it even more mysterious. I’m planning on making some of the signs hard to find and having an ending based on that you found all the signs then you will know what the game is about and how stuff happened and things. Of course all the tutorial signs are going to always be right there in front of you.

1 Like

I just realized I have been pronouncing lore wrong lol, I kept saying lure :sweat_smile:

Yeah I’ve seen this but why are you posting it on my game discussion. Can you please delete you reply. Also why are you yelling lore?

Hello every one I have named my game Depth 666. Depth because of how you in a underground dimension of some sort and 666 since you have to navigate through hellish puzzles.

1 Like