Depth to top down games

I am trying to make my grass (and other future things) have depth but stick to a top down style, i have tried to search for a video for maybe a list of the 2d perspectives to get an idea and aswell as to add depth to said things. I am having trouble making a (little under) top down game because i have stuck to side on, but i am starting to try different camera angles (or perspectives/views) to hopefully make a more in depth game, also, does anyone know how to make a sprite have a SPECIFIC hitbox? by that i mean like it being to sprites tall but the hitbox is only one block? if anybody has any ideas, please tell me. also sorry for the eye sore of a first level i just need to make an adapting tile set and we will be fine. if it helps, the game is supposed to be like stardew valley type game.

1 Like

To do that you can have the hitbox drawn as the original sprite and have animations play as the animations don’t change the hitbox.

Or just have an invisible block be a hitbox and have the original object have collisions off.

3 Likes

thank you so much, i needed to know that so certain things would be taller than the sprite behind it than actually be that tall (the hitbox)

No problem

1 Like

Um dude I already said that

2 Likes

Oof. I didn’t see that sorry

It’s okay :+1:

1 Like