Detecting in a straight line

This seems simple, yet it’s not. I need a way to extract the X position of an object that’s parallel to another. When it spawns it checks straight forward for an enemy. Basically Ray-Cast but it gives you the X-position instead of angle. I’m using Proximity right now, but it detects things on other lanes, which is unhelpful.

You can check if 2 objects are parallel if their rotation is the same, you can find an objects rotation with the Extractor.

(not important) Ray casts don’t output the angle, the output the distance to the center of the object.
(Important) There is a new Message option that allows you to message the last object hit by a ray cast. You can send a message to whatever object is hit and then that object will reply to last message and sends its X position.

I TOTALLY FORGOT ABOUT THAT FEATURE, THANK YOU SO MUCH.
Also, is the distance to the center, like from the object with the raycast? I’m a little confused with that.

So ray cast don’t output the distance traveled (But Brickccentric just made an example that does), what they output is the distance traveled + the distance from that point to the center

I could have misunderstood what I’ve heard (+what I’ve experienced) about raycasts, so if this is wrong someone can correct me

3 Likes