Discobot is not amused

Maybe you ask one robot which color your shirt is? If he lies then you know he is the lying robot, and if he does not, then you ask the ‘lying robot’ which door it is, when he answers, then you do the opposite. If you get the truth robot, ask him that question, and go through that door.

1 Like

Assume that they cannot be hacked.

You can only ask them one question.

1 Like

That’s really smart.

I promise you, there is a solution to this riddle.

Tell one robot what colour your shirt is.If it answers wrong,ask the other robot what door is right and to through that door.

kill them and use their corpses as something to break down the wall

You can only ask one question to one robot. After that they both shut down.

And the wall cannot be broken.

This riddle was first posed to my class by my 7th grade algebra teacher.

There is a solution that doesn’t involve smashing walls or robots.

Use a friend and make them choose a door.If they die,go in the other door.

For who needs to re-read.

You don’t have anyone else there. You are by yourself. Two doors. Opening one will kill you. Opening the other will allow you to safely escape. They both look exactly the same.

Both robots know which door is which. One robot always lies, the other one always tells the truth. They both look exactly the same. You can only ask ONE of them ONE question, without knowing which one is the liar or which one is telling the truth. After that, they both shut down and will not answer any more questions.

They cannot be hacked or broken. The walls and doors cannot be broken.

Again, there is a solution to this riddle. It took me a while to figure it out myself, but I did.

EDIT: if you surrender the puzzle, I’ll eventually share the solution. But I’m hoping someone will figure it out first. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

This is actually a classic riddle. The challenge is to figure it out yourself. But if you can’t… if you’re completely stumped and ready to give up… then unblur the following spoiler for a tip.

As I said… it’s a classic riddle. That other people have probably heard of before. I didn’t come up with it myself, it’s been around for a long time! It might even be… maybe… searchable on the internet… :wink:

1 Like

can you awnser this?@discobot fortune

:crystal_ball: Most likely

Just ask one of them if they lie.

1 Like

If I asked which door opened to Life, which door would the other robot point to?”

The robot programmed to always lie would say the other robot is going to pick the door that opens to death, and would point to that one. The robot programmed to always be truthful would say the second robot is going to pick the door that opens to death (because the other robot is programmed to lie). With both robots pointing to the same door, that means that the opposite door leads to life.

1 Like

And we have a winner!

Congratulations @GameMaker107_sBrother !

1 Like

it wasnt me it was the internet

1 Like

Hah! Yeah you searched the “two doors riddle”. It’s okay, very few people can figure that one out on their own.

I actually did figure it out myself as a kid, but only after several hours of mulling it over, then I came back to class the next day and whispered the answer to the teacher. I think I was the only student who figured it out.

And no, I’m not a genius. I just really wanted to solve it, so it got stuck in my head all day until I did.

1 Like

there’s one thing i dont like about myself

There’s an off topic, topic for this…