Do anyone know how to do a like cuphead game?

so I’m making a like cuphead game but I don’t know how to do one so if anyone could please help me thank you

1 Like

what do you exactly need? a cuphead style game would just be a simple run and gun boss rush, so you’d need shooting, which is pretty easy and bosses which are pretty simple to make but quite hard to do right, of course cuphead is way more complex than that, but that’s just the bare minimum)

1 Like
2 Likes

did… you just delete your main game

2 Likes

What exactly are you looking for? Gameplay mechanics, art-style, etc.

If you’re looking for help on an art-style similar to Cuphead… then you might have picked the worst art-style ever. Yes, Cuphead makes amazing use of 1930s drawings and traditional animation, and does so with spectacular results. However, it was incredibly expensive to pull off. So if Cuphead turned out to be a failure, the creators would have put thousands of dollars - and perhaps even more - down the drain for nothing. You can use digital art instead of paper and pen like they did, which is a cheaper and faster option, but it won’t have the same charm.

In terms of gameplay, you just gotta experiment with whatever you can. Put any ideas for mechanics and controls on paper, then put them into the game to see if they work well. If you are unsure of how to do something, you can refer to the Help Section, which contains plenty of examples and tutorials for you to use. If you still need help, then you need to specify what exactly it is you are trying to achieve (you mentioned you want a Cuphead-like game, so you might ask for help with parrying, shooting, dashing, etc.).

4 Likes

different account. (:

1 Like

oh, nice i just realized that

1 Like

Cup head is a bullet madness type

Cuphead, isn’t really a bullet hell, it focuses much more on a few difficult to dodge attacks, the closest it ever gets to bullet hell is Dr Kahl’s Robot, and even that’s not that much bullets compared to most bullet hell games

I see. Well thank you for the imformation. Maybe I will keep that in mind.

1 Like

yea but im also looking for like in the game bosses change attack that I need too

that’s pretty simple, all you gotta do is make all the attacks switches and when you want the attack to happen you use the input, when you want it to be possible to happen you turn the switch on and when you don’t want it to happen turn the switch off, then if you want completely random attacks you can use a random behavior set to the number of attacks you have and a router where each input is connected to one of the attacks, then when you want an attack to happen you just make a new random number, also if you want the attack to end after a certain amount of time then you need to add a timer and then when the timer ends you can turn off the switch for the attack and then do the next thing, like lets say running to the opposite side of the arena

do you mind making an example, please?

ok, fine but it’s gonna take time

1 Like

Flowlab Game Creator - boss example done, although i didn’t make 2 attacks since i’m lazy