Donkey Kong "Rope Physics" Attempt

I can’t find the rope physics either! Where is it stored?

There aren’t any. It was player collision rope velocity or something like that. There are better ways to do it now since 2014.

Oh! Well, thank you for getting back to me! I’ve been struggling to add ropes in my game, and I haven’t been able to find any newer posts to help me figure them out.

@Quote

You should try player small proximity to rope - on/off switch behavior system

Normally you have gravity, disable it, set player to always down with a motor

When proximity to rope, xor the always to the motor, so you stop falling. If always goes in one xor, and the proximity hits the other xor, the xor won’t work with two things going in, so motor stops

Do this with up/down controls as well, but with AND, so you can only use up and down with proximity to rope, and when not on the rope, xor works again, so motor pulls you again, and without proximity to rope, AND won’t work for up and down.

I’m using this currently in my flowjam game.

Thank you! What game are you using this in? I’d love to check it out!

Hi! I’m sorry to bug you again, but I’m having some trouble implementing what you described. If it’s not too much trouble, could you send me a picture of your “code” for it?

I don’t have any code for it. The original game was done in 2014. We just got code exporting in 2017. The old version isn’t compatible with the current flowlab. Most of my old games don’t even work right anymore.

I also don’t have a current example either readily available. If I have free time, I’ll make an example using ladder logic.

That’s alright! Thank you again!