Dystopian Sci-Fi Game - [UPDATES AND ANNOUNCEMENTS + EXPLOSIVES EXAMPLE]

Hey there gang! If you’re at the top post it that means you probably haven’t read the rest of the thread yet! For the newest update, click on the solution embed.

• Clementine
4 Likes

I could always pitch you ideas that aren’t going to make it into the final cut of D.O.M if that sounds any good.

2 Likes

are you thinking more futuristic?

1 Like

Not necessarily, but a lot of dystopian take a better position in the future. It’s always interesting to see a dystopian world in a past event, like what if Hitler took over the world?

2 Likes

That’d work fine.

1 Like

Can’t right now, but maybe ill DM it to you later

1 Like

One of my favorite genres is like a horror dystopia, where the protagonist is usually an underdog to either a supernatural force or a large organization / society. What makes it interesting to me is how these antagonistic forces shape the world of the story, and how characters live in it. A good example I can think of is “The quiet place”. If you were thinking of something more historical, maybe something similar to fallout. I don’t have any specific ideas atm but my advice would be to think about how your dystopic scenario would change the world and how people would adapt to live in it.

1 Like

I’ve started writing a scenario, it doesn’t take place on Earth in the beginning, because instead of the human race being born to Earth we rather migrate to Earth from another universe.

2 Likes

Incoming message, Common Sense Ind.
Hello. Doctor Trylo Pike from Common Sense industries. We’re afraid we’ve already experienced an event as such. In universe 5tYup8rv, Earth (by then The Republic of America) was completely demolished by a creature embued with DXRK-N355. Only a couple survived. A man named John Retaeht survived, but only because he was visiting a neighboring planet to find colonizing opportunities for ROA (Republic of America). He returned to no one. No one but a mad doctor without a face, Common Sense’s hideous creation, Project 9 - a mesh of human, robotics, rust, disease, and DXRK-N355 - the creature that destroyed ROA in the first place, and a girl named Lily…
I’m afraid this is occurring again in a different universe. We require your assistance. Do whatever it takes to complete the assignment.

Trylo, out.

1 Like

The issues that invade your writing is the “Why?” in imagination. What gives everything a name? This is what polishes world building.

2 Likes

Ah, yes. Anybody here remember Plato’s allegory of the cave? People conceive what they believe to be reality, then they give it a name, that name most likely created by something you can see or hear, like drawing or speech.

1 Like

I mean, why are you naming these things such randoms, is there any reasoning that leads to family line, or perhaps a nickname given by someone that describes personality? I’m just not understanding where Project 9, DXRK-N355, and 5tYup8rv come from. What’s the origin?

1 Like

DXRK-N355 is just a little cliche thing. Think of it as this: DARK-NESS. See it now? Also, 5tYup8rv is just a bunch of random s(oof)t typed out on the keyboard. Project 9… that’s a very long story…
bleeped per request—^

1 Like

censor reminder

2 Likes

Me looking in the sky trying to find who cares:

1 Like

ew cringe “who asked” fan

2 Likes

I see, but it’s not very obvious-

Anyways, cool whatsoever.

2 Likes

Nothing probably makes sense at the moment, but I was wondering if this could be better worded, or not?

4 Likes

Also I apologize if the title is improbable in a sense of pronunciation.

1 Like

I know this is off topic, but could I kindly ask if you could tone down the swear words. I’ve noticed you’ve been using them quite frequently on many discussions and some people (like John_Shrekinson and I) don’t necessarily like seeing that kind of vocabulary on forums made for users of all ages.

I know grazer put a ban on swear words a bit ago, idk if that rule is even in effect now.
I just ask if you could please limit your choice of words unless you are quoting someone, or censoring it using the blurr spoil.
Thanks.

4 Likes